Cave In - Heavy Pendulum

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to listen closely yet, but it's cool that Nate is playing with them. I've been a huge Old Man Gloom fan for a long time, got to see them both at psycho CA before Caleb passed. That was my introduction to Cave In and I was an immediate fan.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny because I only know the OMG name from guitar magazines - and still haven't sat down with it. Maybe next weekend if there's time (going to visit my old bandmates and see Caspian).

Steo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's largely a great album. Only had one full play through so far, but it's quality

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
I've been evangelizing this album to anyone that will listen. I was honestly pretty "meh" about most of Cave In's earlier stuff. Ton of respect for them but they never really grabbed me. This album is fantastic from beginning to end though.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked the singles when I heard them a few weeks back, will have to check out the rest of the album.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny because I only know the OMG name from guitar magazines - and still haven't sat down with it. Maybe next weekend if there's time (going to visit my old bandmates and see Caspian).
I know it's not an Old Man Gloom thread but this is too good of a song not to share:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Finally downloaded from bandcamp. Really digging the album. Probably their best yet.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Learned the intro riff to "searchers of hell" tonight. What a banger of a track.