Carvin Vader

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Hey Francesco! What is the tuning stability like on the Hipshot headless system? Beautiful V8 you've got there. :shred:

I may be biased, but DUDE have you heard the chords at the end of the vid? :D I swear they were PERFECT with the tuner, I was so impressed. I'm totally sure this bridge sounds as good as the non-headless version since it's the same materials really.

Just earlier today I changed the 8th string to a lighter gauge since I think the stock one was a bit too thick, and changing strings is almost genius on this bridge, takes no time at all and it's really effortless. Fine-tuners are smooooth as well. I'm genuinely impressed

TheManMadeMan

Reaction score
How does Carvin give you guys estimates? I ordered mine the day they became available, but didn't get charged for the 20% til a week later.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Same here. My email confirmation was also a corrupt/non-working file. I'm pretty much in the dark about everything right now.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Yeah he's been super cool to me, so I feel really weird about confronting him about stupid shit that ultimately makes no difference. I figure I'll just be patient and when the guitar shows, it shows.

Won't be easy to be patient once people start getting them before me.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not stressing. I know the order is in and it's going through. If it becomes an issue I'll call or something, but it's no biggie.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I was wondering if that one was somebody's from around here. I keep looking for mine, and have yet to see it. Much sad.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
My green bananza V8 is almost done!! Just pickups and hardware to go!! Super stoked how it turned out!
View attachment 45428

Matches my DC800! :lol: They posted several in-progress Vaders, all of them are looking great! Can't believe it's March already, I thought the wait would be much harder but I've been so busy I didn't even realize it should be done pretty soon! :D Hoping mine pops up in the FB feed soon too! :wub:

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
I ordered my V7 last week!

V7
27" scale
Clear Satin Finish
Walnut body
5pc Custom Neck: Walnut/mahogany/flamed maple/mahogany/ walnut
Birdseye maple neck/ no inlays
Stainless Med Jumbo Frets

I am unbelievably stoked on the custom 5pc neck they are doing for my vader. its going to be awesome:hbang:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Matches my DC800! :lol: They posted several in-progress Vaders, all of them are looking great! Can't believe it's March already, I thought the wait would be much harder but I've been so busy I didn't even realize it should be done pretty soon! :D Hoping mine pops up in the FB feed soon too! :wub:

I immediately thought of your dc800 when I saw it on Facebook. I'm super stoked that April draws near. I've never been so excited for a guitar in my life. lol

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
All of these NGDs are going to make me hate my pizza delivery job even more. Bring on the hate. And the pictures. Lots of pictures.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, Carvin Vader or Strandberg Boden OS7???? HNNNNGGGGGG :wallbash:

Fairly different guitars! :lol: You could do like me and save up for one of each so you don't have to make that tough decision! ;) I'm excited to compare my V6 to my Strandbergs! :hbang:

I'd personally wait a year or two for the inevitable multiscale Vader. Kudos to those brave pioneers who are paving the way for this with your cash.

I don't know that I'd say it's "inevitable", BUT Kiesel does seem willing to listen to customers on new ideas they really want these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if we did see it eventually. There were more people asking for more headless options from Carvin than folks begging for fanned frets, so maybe people need to start bombarding them with email/Facebook posts asking for it to speed things up? ;) I'm good with both a non-fanned and a fanned version though! :D

April 1st is the estimated completion day for me. Not much longer.

Noice! Speaking of which I need to hit them up to see where my stands as I never received the invoice and Chris had just given me the estimate over the phone so I don't remember what it was at this point. Maybe it has a more realistic date attached to the build since it should be fairly far along by now! :wub: Can't wait, my trunk space is fairly limited so having a nice compact headless 6'er and my iPad running JamUp Pro XT with good headphones is all I need for our Philly trips to get some practice time in on weekends that we go visit the family! :D

Greenbrettiscool

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just went into carvin yesterday, and the day before to get some parts and also check on the status of when my V8 would be done. I have a show on Saturday and would love to give it a go, I was expecting it by tomarrow or Saturday morning at the latest they said, BUT.. They are still waiting on the new Hipshot bridges.. So no Vaders are going out till they get them. So maybe by next week now? Idk but it's still a very fast turn around time from the estimated 8 weeks originally, still kinda bummed some of us got teased by all the almost completed Vaders on their FB. Oh well, still stoked tho!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Just went into carvin yesterday, and the day before to get some parts and also check on the status of when my V8 would be done. I have a show on Saturday and would love to give it a go, I was expecting it by tomarrow or Saturday morning at the latest they said, BUT.. They are still waiting on the new Hipshot bridges.. So no Vaders are going out till they get them. So maybe by next week now? Idk but it's still a very fast turn around time from the estimated 8 weeks originally, still kinda bummed some of us got teased by all the almost completed Vaders on their FB. Oh well, still stoked tho!

Ah that's a bummer! At least they're moving the guitars themselves right along, not bad to be in March and seeing something that debuted at the end of January almost ready to go! :eek: That's some decent turnaround! :D I heard back from Chris last night, mine is tentatively set for 4/6/15 completion but obviously none of these dates are set in stone so we'll see how things go! :yesway: