Carolina Reaper (djent/prog?), check it out! :)

Akkush

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi there!

This is the newest clip of my friend's band: Carolina Reaper
Roomey's old band was Without Face, they toured togather with Opeth, Arch Enemy, Decapitated in the old days.

What's your opinione on the production, style, etc?

Cheers

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is just my opinion and it's probably going to hurt, but keep in mind criticism isn't ever going to laud your strengths. With that said, I no habla jibber jabber and don't like uniform mode clean singing. Dunno how you get away with that name while not playing southern metal or even having lyrics in english, didn't land in my mind but I suppose that's superficial. I was waiting for the guitar solo that never came, and the guitar leads were not especially interesting- but I suppose it fit the landscape of the composition well enough all the same. I liked the riffs and production was good, could be faster tempo. The second riff has an uncomfortable hiccup here and there, the accents could be better timed to my ear. Transitions are really good overall.

Akkush

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you, it's a fair criticism!

As I mentioned it's not my band, It's my ex-college's band. It's quit common that a non english speaking band uses a english band name I guess, but yeah, the name choice is a bit strange for me too.
I more of a growl fan, but maybe I don't like the way the vocals are produced.
They have solos in other songs. Maybe the are more on the populer side, they try to catch the average listener.