Status
Not open for further replies.

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So i searched using the site's search bar and with google and i couldn't find anything for this amazing band, but if this already exists feel free to have the thread closed.
I just bought thier new album today and i must say it is one of the most frightening, crushing, brutal albums i have ever heard. I am very stoked to be seeing them on tour with Veil of Maya and Born of Osiris this fall/ winter.
After listening to it about 5 times i must say this is easily thier best album as of yet. The blast beats are phenominal (and have more melodic quality than on Hell Chose Me) and the vocals have progressed to a new level. I will even venture to say that they expiriment a bit adding in some symphonic elements witch allows for some diversity in thier sound.
If anyone else has anything to add about this amazing band then this is the thread to do it! :hbang::scream::shred::metal:

metal_sam14

Midget
Reaction score
Ok fair warning, this thread will get closed due to deathcore trolling.

That said, I don't mind their old stuff from time to time, I should probably check out their new album!

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
and so the trolls begin

Wasn't really trolling, I fail to see melodies in blastbeats aswell lol

That being said, I can't stand any -core band. In my books, breakdowns are just like solos, blastbeats and everything else, too much of it gets annoying. But back to Carnifex, I saw them live with Beneath the Massacre 2-3 years ago, it was probably the best band of the set-list (wich was full of -core bands). So I guess its as positive as I can be with a band like that lol.

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i was reffering to how the blast beats are more like melodic death metal (like at the gates) and less like american death metal (like cannibal corpse). The blast beats are not purely melodic but they are much more melodic than those found on Hell Chose Me.

@ Vostre Roy: You mau want to give this album a try. Other than track 1 (album intros usually are breakdowns) there really isn't an overwhelming amount of breakdowns on this album. It sounds like they are mainly added where they fit and not because the band felt obligated to have a breakdown. Also the use of interesting tim sigs 9i think i heard a little 5/4 here and there) helps to keep them from getting boring and repetitive. In all honesty i used to feel the same way about breakdowns when all this -core shit got started. Eventually i finally found bands who can make breakdowns that are good and i got over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.