Carcass Sound

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Tornado Of Sole, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheRavensName

InTheRavensName Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

Ok, I may be wrong on the heartwork front, but I'm pretty sure this is how Necroticism worked :yesway:

2. alilcluless

alilcluless SS.org Regular

He keeps his gear stock. So for the ibanez rg/s he used Super3s, esp lp had seymour duncan JB / 59 combo, and the one he uses most often as of now is Gibson Les Paul Custom in Wine Red that has it has "original Gibson pickups" the bridge without the cover so that would make it a '78 T-Top humbucker set. As stated he used the original 5150/6505 not the 5150ii/6505+ and currently is using the EVH 5150 lll amps. The closest thing you can get to the gibson t-top is the bare knuckles pickup riff raff. And as far as pedals he uses a (which probably changes ... tuner, overdrive, noise gate) TC Electronic Polytune tuner, an MXR micro amp, Guvnor pedal, MXR smart gate.CARCASS live at Saint Vitus Bar, Sep. 25th, 2013 (FULL SET) - YouTube

3. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

#1. Congrats on the thread necro, since the OP is from 2006.

#2. Symphonies of Sickness is from 1989, the 5150 didn't even exist.

4. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Ah 2006...

Gas prices had shot up up to almost $3 a gallon... but Justin was bringing sexy back so it was all good... The nation had learned to love a quirky, mustached immigrant from Kazakhstan, and Martin Scorsese showed us that you can be in the mob even if you have a Boston accent.

5. DarkNe0

DarkNe0 SS.org Regular

Isn't necessarily what they used but it sounds pretty damn close:

6. alilcluless

a) I dont care about that OP 2006, and it was redug in 2008. I am answering a question that OTHER people may want to know
    b) I am giving good information, on a popular site (the first to appear when searching for carcass tone etc) SO go cry about this and keep useless thoughts to yourself next time.
    c) 1989 duh, yet people were mentioning heartwork and most love that tone etc. Back then he used a vintage fifty-watt Marshall plexi. Happy braw?

7. alilcluless

And that was 10 years previous to Carcass then last release, but people wanted to know. They just released an album "surgical steel", so people may want to know more factual information... and it was redug up in 2008 doooode. God, why start a new thread when its the same subject?

8. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

Your getting shit, because it's usually frowned upon to necro bump a thread that old. While I understand your logic and have necro bump a few times myself, it's just easier to start a new thread. If you want to know what they used for surgical, just read one of the recent guitar worlds, they talk all about it.:metal:

9. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Yup, that info about their current gear was worth nercoing this. Sure. :lol:

10. RV350ALSCYTHE

RV350ALSCYTHE SS.org Regular

I agree, I get a solid carcass tone out of that thing :taunt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.