Caparison Dellinger II HGS Pro.Black

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is a customer's guitar I'd like to share with you guys. This one came tuned to 'B' as well :metal:

04.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

02.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
pretty much like mine except mine has black hardware :metal:

Yours has inlays and isn't the HGS model correct? Either way, every Dellinger I've got in so far has been amazing :yesway:

Nick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
correct, i never even noticed the lack of inlays on that one lol

i like the inlays i think theyr a pretty cool touch.

Id be interested to see if there are any tuning issues with tuning one of these HGS models to E standard.

I doubt there would be but id like 2 know for sure.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
correct, i never even noticed the lack of inlays on that one lol

i like the inlays i think theyr a pretty cool touch.

Id be interested to see if there are any tuning issues with tuning one of these HGS models to E standard.

I doubt there would be but id like 2 know for sure.

Not at all, this guitar is for a customer who tunes to standard w/ drop D. It's not a baritone or anything (as you know). The bridge design is meant to help with the intonation of thick strings, regardless of tuning.

If it was a hardtail I might think it could have some issues, since sometimes the nut can run into problems if its setup for thick strings and then you put lights in there. But, since it has a locking nut and not something that wears down, there should be no issues :)

Nick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah i didnt think it would because its not like your saddles would be all the way forward on any string tuned to E standard. So it shouldnt create any issues.

Id be tuning it 2 C# anyway but im sure at some point i'll get old and want to play stuff thats in E :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah i didnt think it would because its not like your saddles would be all the way forward on any string tuned to E standard. So it shouldnt create any issues.

Id be tuning it 2 C# anyway but im sure at some point i'll get old and want to play stuff thats in E :lol:

I doubt that! I know I would never want to own a guitar in standard tuning personally, no matter what genre of music I played. Too limiting. It would be like when a concert pianist aged being forced to use a 61'er. Low notes are musical and just as important as anything else. I personally think it's silly E was even ever the standard tuning, it should have been D or C or something ;)

Nick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah i agree i'll probably be listening to Behemoth when im 40 haha

theres a lot of elitisim around using low tunings with people saying if you cant sound heavy in E you arent very good etc but personally i just like the sound of a low tuned guitar better than something in E.

People also say you will sound shit live if you tune low round about where i live but these are the same guys who are showing up to play live with a spider 2 combo.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Noice flat back! If it didn't have floyd and was neck-thru, i'd cream :D

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really want to get another Dellinger. :(

I really want a Dellinger. Every time I get one of these in it feels like getting punched in the nuts having to ship it out the next day.

yeah i agree i'll probably be listening to Behemoth when im 40 haha

theres a lot of elitisim around using low tunings with people saying if you cant sound heavy in E you arent very good etc but personally i just like the sound of a low tuned guitar better than something in E.

People also say you will sound shit live if you tune low round about where i live but these are the same guys who are showing up to play live with a spider 2 combo.

Haha me too :)

Regarding the tunings. Yes you can sound heavy in E, especially if the bass player is using a 5-string (ala Dimmu), but it's just so limiting. Every note from Eb down to about Ab sounds great to me. Below that is where it loses me.

Noice flat back! If it didn't have floyd and was neck-thru, i'd cream :D

You'd cream anyways I bet! IMO it doesn't need to be neck-thru, it sounds fucking huge and has loads of sustain as is. The neck feels wonderful.

As for the Schaller, I'm a hardtail guy myself but I love these. It stays in tune and its unique design helps keep the neck angle straight. Personally I'd be fine with this guitar, I'd just ignore it like I ignore the trems on my Ibanez guitars :)

Either way, they make this same guitar in a fixed bridge model ;)

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen an inlay-less caparison. That guitar would be perfect with black hardware :yesway:

Latest posts