Canadian Politics

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so alberta passed their sovereignty act

That'll be interesting....

Sounds like they stripped out a lot of the things to give Smith and her cabinet the power to do whatever they wanted ....for now.

05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

I wonder what the end consequences will really be though or if it'll just be business as usual in reality.

soliloquy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ugh.

Dougie gets brewery tour, child dies in hallway of hospital due to lack of stretchers and beds…

doesn't sound too different from our neighbors to the south.
the value of a child further diminishes.

My sis is a teacher. She's debating on quitting, as ford-nation decided to get rid of the special-needs classes, and is forcing EVERYONE to be part of the same class; regardless of their mental abilities. As such, one of her kids in class is really violent. He likes to connect ANY sharp object with flesh. His, others, doesn't matter. Cant suspend him. Cant send him to another class. Cant do anything. As such, the 39 other kids in the class have to waste their entire day defending themselves (while not learning, as they are too busy being paranoid on if a pencil, or ruler, or scissors, or glass from bottles etc can be used as weapon), while this child is looking to ways to hurt others. The parents are neglecting, thus really, nothing can be done other than watch the ship sink...

fun times.

furthermore, a few other friends of mine are teachers, and also on the brink of quitting as they are actually getting abused by the students. Verbally, physically, etc. Its heart breaking as teachers really dont get the respect they deserve. They are not baby-sitters, yet are being treated as such.

wankerness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My sis is a teacher. She's debating on quitting, as ford-nation decided to get rid of the special-needs classes, and is forcing EVERYONE to be part of the same class; regardless of their mental abilities. As such, one of her kids in class is really violent. He likes to connect ANY sharp object with flesh. His, others, doesn't matter. Cant suspend him. Cant send him to another class. Cant do anything. As such, the 39 other kids in the class have to waste their entire day defending themselves (while not learning, as they are too busy being paranoid on if a pencil, or ruler, or scissors, or glass from bottles etc can be used as weapon), while this child is looking to ways to hurt others. The parents are neglecting, thus really, nothing can be done other than watch the ship sink...

fun times.

furthermore, a few other friends of mine are teachers, and also on the brink of quitting as they are actually getting abused by the students. Verbally, physically, etc. Its heart breaking as teachers really dont get the respect they deserve. They are not baby-sitters, yet are being treated as such.
Oh wow, I didn't know you guys still had those till recently. The death of segregation of the really, truly disruptive kids that need dedicated therapists is one of the worst things to ever happen to education in this country. Too bad you got dragged down to our level. It's such a stupid thing, too, cause it's supported by idiots of all political persuasions (bleeding heart liberals that think the uncontrollable kids just need to be socialized and shouldn't be treated differently, dumb parents whose kids are often the ones with the serious problems and who want teachers to have to do babysitting and refuse to acknowledge that their kids might need different treatment, and radical conservatives that just want to destroy public education via any means necessary and send their kids to private schools where those "bad kids" aren't allowed and vote to force them into gen pop in public schools so more people transfer their kids to private schools, causing a vicious feedback loop).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
@soliloquy condolences to your sister, that is brutal. I know we have a couple violent highschools that repeatedly end up in the news. Its insane.

zappatton2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, there was a flashing moment at the start of the pandemic where Ford was actually seeming reasonable, but he's back to not giving a sh*t about anyone who isn't a land developer with deep pockets.

soliloquy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
there has to be a better way to combat Ford and his disassembly of our health care.
Maybe the changes he is implementing, or wanting to implement are irreversible.
and he still has what, 3 more years before the next election?

at this rate, it would really suck if we get the same thing that happens across. Something as simple as child birth should not be charged an insane amount. Hip and knee surgery will be impacting boomers, and soon Gen X's, which are most of our parents. I would not want them to suffer, or have an early death because they/we cant afford their health bills. Plus, with cost of living already going up so high, having to deal with health bills is not something we should be looking for either.

I find it really repulsive for all those supporting Ford in saying that these privatizations will help them save money. Sure, you may not pay that $10,000 towards taxes per year that were going to health care, but now you're paying $40,000 towards flu shots; child births; kidney stones; heart attacks, or any other health issues that require you to see a doctor....

ugh....

and Tuesday just started...Morning folks