Can you guys gimme some tips on live performance?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by willyman101, Jan 17, 2011.

1. willyman101

willyman101 SS.org Regular

Here's a vid of my band's first gig. I would LOVE it if you guys could give me any tips on our live performance, we have a biggun coming up in a few weeks time that we'd like to impress at!

I am aware that we don't move for the first 2 minutes or so. And that we're a bit out of tune...

2. metalheadpunk

metalheadpunk NUTRICULA Contributor

not bad for a first gig IMO. with the space you had you guys created some decent energy on stage. one critique i'd offer is try to connect with the crowd a little more. whenever i'm on stage i like to look around, make eye contact with a few people etc... you guys were all pretty focused on your instruments, which is great don't get me wrong, but looking out to the crowd goes a long way to sucking them into your performance IMO. overall i'd say you guys did pretty well though

:2c:

3. Albionic

Albionic First of the magi

yeah there was nothing glaring there not sure if that was your first song of the night but i'd suggest starting with something a little more up tempo.
    apart from that nice job :)

good luck

4. willyman101

willyman101 SS.org Regular

It was out last song actually. The first songs are far more up tempo.

5. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

Not bad... your singer needs to learn he doesn't have to be always doing something. He CAN do nothing and still have stage presence.

He just looks like he's done speed and can't stay still :spock:

6. elbiatcho1

elbiatcho1 Active Member

With a long intro like that, the singer can actually stay offstage for a bit until his time comes. In that way the guys currently playing get their airtime.