Can someone please tell me..

Hazzoi

Harry PMP
Reaction score
What are the EXACT pickups originally found in the Ibanez K-7?
I'm aware that they're DiMarzio PAF-7's but I've seen them on ebay etc. listed with a model no. such as "DP759" and such. Are the pickups identical in the bridge and neck from the factory? All specifications I've seen list them as purely "PAF-7 pickups"
The reason I ask is because I'm looking to sell the two I replaced from the bridge and neck after purchasing the K-7 and didn't want to give out any misleading info.
Cheers for any help!

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
not PAF7s. Blaze neck pickups in both neck and bridge.

EDIT: looks like I may be totally wrong...I'm coming up with PAF7s on my searches too:scratch:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
They're exactly the same as the ones you can get after-market, EXCEPT they have grey bobbins (instead of black or creme).

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
not PAF7s. Blaze neck pickups in both neck and bridge.

EDIT: looks like I may be totally wrong...I'm coming up with PAF7s on my searches too:scratch:

Early K-7s had the Blaze Neck in both positions, Munky and Head did the same with the UVs they have/had. Then they went to the PAF-7s.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
K7s never had blazes in them. Their LACS might have, but production K7s came with PAF7s, they were released specifically because of this guitar.

It's true that Korn's old UVs had a Blaze Neck in both positions, however.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the paf 7, or DP759 is the exact same pickup found in any korn signature guitar, with the exception of cosmetic features.