Call of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Scar Symmetry, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dumbledore

dumbledore Where's my wand?

Well, from what I can gather, it's going to be abit similar to Halo 3's theatre mode (if you ever played halo ?) whereby, it'll temporarily save matches you've played, then after x amount of games, it'll delete it unless you save it to your HDD. Good way to build up montages if you're that sort of youtube guy. For me, it'd be more of a "that's a sick/flukey kill" *saves*. With the customization, well, I like the concept! Although it's not a necessity, it's a change to add abit more dazzle I guess.

2. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

I've watched Hutch's more recent videos, and he said that the submachineguns had INSANE recoil compared to the other guns.

It will be interesting to try it out for myself though, SMGs are by far my favourite weapon type tied with snipers.

3. orb451

orb451 Banned

This. I heard they redid the MP5, made it more like COD4's instead of the watered down MW2 version. I'm a huge SMG fan, so hopefully with a silencer the recoil and muzzle lift won't be out of control.

As for the theatre mode, that's cool that you can save the matches but yeah, definitely sounds like something a YT'er is going to love or for those one-in-a-million type games/kills we all have once in a while.

4. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Have kill cams been confirmed? Don't want to go back to not having those, have got used to them now and it's always awesome when you get a sweet kill!

I was saying to my brother I don't know why in MW2 the kill cam doesn't follow the bullet like it does for launchers? That would be much cooler IMO, much more like VATS which is awesome.

5. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Aye, the CoD4 MP5 is probably in the top 5 of my favourite CoD guns.
    Hell, I'll just make a list right now :lol:

1. M40A3
    2. CoD4 AK-47
    3. UMP
    4. CoD4 MP5
    5. Can't decide...

6. orb451

orb451 Banned

Yar it would. It'd be sweet if you got a super slo-mo of the bullet leaving the gun and going across the map (or through whatever materials it passes through, including other players) before hitting the target.

Probably cost too much in processing overhead though... I dunno :scratch:

7. dumbledore

Game Winningl Killcams have been confirmed, here's a snippet from one of the videos that some guy on youtube took out.

That's what I've seen anyway, there could be more floating around

Standard killcam? I would assume so.

8. orb451

orb451 Banned

Well in COD4 I ran with the following:

MP5

That's it. Every map, every gametype, everytime, it was THE weapon of choice for me. I wouldn't even bother with the pistol if I ran out of ammo. And only on the verge of 25+ kill streaks would I willingly switch to picking up another weapon.

In MW2 though:

P90
    ACR

That's it. Except this time I had silencers on full time. No red dot, no bling, no camo. It was one or the other depending on the map, but I did pick up more weapons on occasion, more than I did in COD4, just never used them as my "go to".

9. dumbledore

Surprised you never used the Tar-21 in all honesty.
    I got on real well with that, used it for everything. Was proper good on S&D too.

10. orb451

orb451 Banned

I tried it but I don't know if it's the recoil or what but I just didn't feel comfortable with it. That and the first Red Dot you unlock with it sucks so I stuck with the ACR's iron sights and was happy :yesway:

11. GazPots

GazPots Is A Complete Idiot.

The fact your character shouts words when you reload everytime annoys me greatly. What a useless feature to have.

Sure in MW2 only your teammates and enemies heard it but why let yourself hear it?

I already know i'm reloading. :wallbash:

12. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

From Hutch's twitter: Confirmed, SoH Pro doesn't affect snipers in Black Ops. Translation, back to CoD4 style quickscoping, if you want to go down that road :D

13. dumbledore

Yeah I hated the red dot on it too, I just stuck with the iron sights on it.
    Didn't really get on with the ACR, no idea why. Just didn't "feel it".

14. alexander12014

alexander12014 SS.org Regular

i quickscoped with scavenger anyway:nuts:

15. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

I always used SoH Pro because using anything else is just stupid because of the insane disadvantage you get without it.
    But I think it could work in Black Ops as you don't die from 2 fucking bullets anymore. I really liked the quickscoping in CoD4.

16. ittoa666

ittoa666 Being confused on SS.org since 2008

[​IMG]

We just can't agree on videogames. :lol:

17. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

What is not to like about it..?
    I guess you're one of them who hates quickscopers? ;)

18. ittoa666

Pretty much. I never get killed by them, but it annoys me to all hell when I see people doing it. My way of thinking on the topic is, people don't run around with sniper rifles in real life. They sit back and wait for the perfect shot. I know you can do some crazy things in cod (I've been playing since 2), but quickscoping is too much for me. Remember, a sniper rifle isn't a shotgun.

19. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Well, yes it is annoying when everyone is doing it. But I don't really care anymore because I've learned how to do it and I'm pretty proficient with a sniper now. And a good sniper knows when to quickscope and when to not, most of my shots aren't quickscopes even if I pretty much never keep my scope up for more than 2 seconds.

What annoys the living shit out of me are snipers that just sit with their scopes up and pretty much never move. I don't care if it's realistic. Almost nothing in CoD is realistic, if you want realism, then I'd say you go play Operation Flashpoint or something...

Personally, I started quickscoping because I wanted to push the limits. It's too easy for me just pulling out an AK or something.

20. ittoa666

I guess it all comes down to whatever you enjoy doing. I personally love to play tactically, moving around slowly and carefully, kinda like rainbow six vegas. At least you're not trying to tell me how running around with lightweight and a tac knife is good. :lol: