Buying bluetooth headphones for listening...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by bensjjjammin, Aug 2, 2019.

1. bensjjjammin

bensjjjammin SS.org Regular

Just curious what brands,models of headphones are best for Bluetooth capabilities?? I might be willing to spend around 125$ at max. I usually connect bluetooth to my iphone. please let me know. thanks.

2. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Buds or bigazz headphones?

If buds, do you need them to be for-real-sweatproof (long runs soaking wet kind of sweatproof)? Because they all advertise it, but it's never quite true and they die after a while

Also, what features do you want? Best sound quality, extreme volume, built-in standalone MP3, compactness?

3. bensjjjammin

bensjjjammin SS.org Regular

For sure better sound quality, and headphones but something not too oversized.

So right now i have Cowin E7, there are settings from the Off, to BT, and NC. My guess is they stand for Bluetooth, and Noise Cancelling. So im wondering why the NC setting cuts out sound when i open my car window alittle, or even just while walking, anytime i move with it, the sound cuts out. And with the BT setting, its sounds muffled and not great at all for me, but the sound doesnt cut out. Im hoping i can find ones that obviously dont cut sound, but with great quality sound.

4. Chris Bowsman

Chris Bowsman SS.org Regular

I’d be into hearing recommendations as well. If the OP would like better quality than this, that’s cool, but how about something that sounds at least as good as the ear pods that come with an iPhone X series.

Several of my younger coworkers recommend Beats, but those do not sound as good, IMHO.

Acaciastrain360 likes this.
  5. Acaciastrain360

Acaciastrain360 Don’t need no money, cus suicide is free

I would suggest Apple AirPods... that’s what I use and they’re great for the gym etc

Masoo2, Razerjack and TheDandy like this.
  6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I'm happy with my old Samsung LevelU.

7. klinic

klinic SS.org Regular

Beats HAVE gotten a lot better. I used to absolutely despise them, but ended up picking up a pair for convenience for syncing across multiple Apple devices. They’re not as good as my much cheaper M50s, but for the battery life and convenience, I really enjoy them and at the gym or on the train where I mostly use them the audio quality is more than acceptable.

8. MAJ Meadows SF

MAJ Meadows SF on a tone quest

your front yard, staring into your window
    I can't speak for BT Headphones, as I've moved completely into mixing headphones. But for earbuds, keeping in that price range, Bose Soundsport are my preference. I still like their balance over Beats bass heaviness, and particularly the Heart Monitor versions. The heart rate detected/not detected alerts are annoying but that set sound fantastic to me.

9. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

For in ears I'm very happy with Phiaton BT 220NC and the noise cancelling is great

The car window thing, I'm not sure never tried it but I wouldn't expect any NC to work well in such high wind.

10. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

All my actual headphones are wired but for in-ears I use the JBL Reflect Mini 2's. Great even sound, great fit, 12-13 hour battery life (even though the box says 10 hours) and they can be found for less than $100, I think I got mine for around $80 from BestBuy.

11. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

I love my Shure 425s but they are an acquired taste. They are excellent for bass players!

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I switched over to conduction headphones to save my ears, but you can still hear the music just fine, and they're great for workouts so you can hear around you. The two pairs I own are Vidonn F1s, which are similar to Aftershockz, and sit in front of your ear; or Plantronics Backbeats which are wraparound but still sit in your ear lkke a bud.

13. TheDandy

TheDandy SS.org Regular

+1 for these, not the most hi fi sound, but they’re light and convenient while delivering decently on sound

Acaciastrain360 likes this.
  14. Hellbound

Hellbound €£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

I absolutely love my Jaybird X3's paired with my IPhone. What is great is that they come with an app you download on your phone which allows you to tweak th EQ which makes the sound quality jump up by a huge amount. I like using the "comply" ear bud tips in a larger size as once they are in my ears I can hardly hear anything around me and at the gym this is perfect. The sound quality IMO with the "comply" tips are hard to beat. You get lots of volume and power with Jaybird's. :)

15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've been using JBL E25BT - and they aren't going to blow any minds, but they sound pretty decent for what they are. A little mid-scoopy, and I find they smooth out transients a bit so I wouldn't trust them for judging a mix or something, but it works nicely for just listening. Originally came with a clip to keep the wire between the buds clipped onto a shirt or something, but it broke without about a year. That's my only complaint about them though.

16. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Im using Marshall major 2 i think. Sound is ok, not special, my JBL that broke had better sound. And they kinda squeeze my ears aliiiittle to tight. But they have like 25+ hours of battery or something like that. I can use them everyday for 2-3 weeks without recharing.

17. coffeeflush

coffeeflush SS.org Regular

Senheisser HD 4.4 or 4.5 , whichever fits you budget.

18. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Beats also sort of have two tiers. Their higher end items are nice. THeir cheaper items were always kinda garbage, and waaay too bass-y.

19. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

How do they save your ears? Don't the same sensory hairs still pick up the vibrations?

After years of hating on Bose for being overpriced I bought their quiet comforts for work (blocking out meetings and conversations near me while I write code). They sound good, but their noise canceling and comfort are absolutely top notch, which is what I was looking for.

Their Bluetooth connection is great too. You can be actively paired to two things at once. So I can listen to my phone and then just pause it when I have to join a conference call on my work computer. Seamless.

sirbuh likes this.