Burton C. Bell leaves Fear Factory

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MFB

MFB Banned

For a band who's been putting out albums since 91, I've heard more about the band and their drama than I ever have of their actual music; hell, looking at their discography, legitimately the only place I would have heard their music is on the god damn Mortal Kombat soundtrack. I don't think I ever saw a video from them on Headbanger's Ball, or Music Choice's music channels, just nothing.

Masoo2 and ArtDecade like this.
  2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Their GoFundMe reached their goal and then some, so *some* people out there people want a FF album :lol:

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I actually listened to Soul of a New Machine straight through yesterday for the first time in probably 15ish years. Maybe it's because I've been swinging back into more brutal/grindy music lately, but man, that albums still pretty dope.

Werecow likes this.
  4. HeHasTheJazzHands

Nah, those first 2 albums are still fucking killer. If anything, I hold SOANM higher than Demanufacture, and I fucking love industrial/groove/thrash metal.

5. decoy205

decoy205 SS.org Regular

SOANM and Demanufacture were ground breaking at the time. Roadrunner with Colin Richardson producing/mixing put out such classic metal records in those years. I saw both Machinehead and FF in ‘95 and they were both I think the best they would be. Before any money when they were hungry and just wanted to make excellent music. Good luck to Burton whatever he does.

aesthyrian, Millul and Wildebeest like this.
  6. HeHasTheJazzHands

akinari likes this.
  7. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

I think he's right to be more excited about AOTW. I've come to regard Demanufacture as my joint favourite album of all time, but i'm much more excited about the single AOTW released a month ago than this FF album.

I started to enjoy FF albums less and less from Obsolete onwards. From loving every single track to eventually just one or two on an album.

8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Honestly, the new AOTW single was dope and I pre-ordered the vinyl. I can get behind that project if that's the sound I'm getting. Maybe Burt would be better not screaming anymore.

9. Lax

Lax SS.org Regular

Happily for me I don't feel like burton's voice has anything special, and don't even regret not seeing them live since it seems like he butchered many shows :D
    Lyrically, most songs texts fit on a stamp.
    I'm mostly on dino's side, since I enjoy mostly the instrumental side of the band, and knowing he played at least twice the bass parts because the bassists sucked :D

Joke aside, Demanufacture alone is a game changer and if I had only to listen to that one it would be enough for me :)

Oh and didn't Burton go bankrupt and spend FF money ? Probably leading him to loose every rights

10. PatientMental76

PatientMental76 SS.org Regular

Just listened to the entire AOTW's new album & its complete dogshit! So i believe we will see Bell in FF in the near future!

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

Someone posted it in the other thread. Dino said he filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and was supposed to list all of his assets, but didn't list his ownership of Fear Factory. So he was stripped of his ownership of the name and Dino bought his assets up. He also claims it's illegal for Burt to have any ownership due to this.

12. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

As much as inlike the first, I much prefer the second DH album

13. PatientMental76

PatientMental76 SS.org Regular

Tommy "drama queen", "wannabe", "cheeseball" Vext? Dont even get me started on that dude!

14. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

The second album is Travis neal I believe. Much better album IMO