Buidling confidence when playin live or with another guitarist?

vejichan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How do you guys feel when you play guitar in front of people or other guitar players? Do you get nervous or care what they think of you and your playing or do you care less about what they think and just play or are you overly confident and think you are the best and expect the people to be amazed..

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Practice and repetition, like anything else. Eventually you learn how to use that nervous energy and it's just part of the high. I started playing guitar because I love attention, but only became a confident performer by performing (and failing) lots.

Also guitarists are dweebs, fuck what they think.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Best way to get good at playing in front of people, is to play in front of people. Find a blues jam or something and go out and play. I got comfortable playing live by sitting in with a band with a regular Thursday night gig at a local dive bar, which was amazing practice. You realize over time that more likely than not the audience is just there to have a good time and doesn't really care if your solo is any good.

But, playing live is a skill that has to be practiced, like anything else. Get out there.