Budget Studio Monitors: Presonus Eris 3.5 vs. Eris 4.5

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Bassman1, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Bassman1

Bassman1 SS.org Regular

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of building a small studio for home recording. So, I am starting to look for the gear I will need. I am a novice home recorder, as I picked up an interface and DAW just a few months ago. My studio will be 6' x 10'...just enough room for a recording desk and my amps.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and people seem to just hail the Presonus Eris studio monitors for budget studios. These would be my first set of studio monitors, and I am wondering if there is a big difference between the Eris 3.5 and the Eris 4.5

Is it worth the extra $100 to get the Eris 4.5 studio monitors? Or, would I be just fine the the Eris 3.5 based on the room size and my level of recording experience?

Thanks for all your guidance!

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I have the Eria E5. They are great! Having the port holes in the front were good for me because my humble studio is small too. I don't have enough space at the back for rear firing ones.

I have to say, get the largest ones that you can afford. Save some more if you to. The smaller speakers cannot give you an accurate monitor.

[​IMG]

Good luck!

3. Bassman1

Bassman1 SS.org Regular

Update:

Just picked up a pair of eris E5s on Reverb! I took your advice and figured why not go bigger for more honest bass response.

I'll keep you updated once I plug them in.

Thanks!

HoneyNut likes this.