Brutal Death Metal - Check this shit out and $lam da fuq down. Now properly mastered!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by DarkWolfXV, Nov 27, 2013.

1. DarkWolfXV

DarkWolfXV Excised n anatomised

New, actually mastered version! Tried to not slam (hehe) all the dynamics out of it. It is way better after mastering IMO :D. (Stereo imaging is useful)

https://soundcloud.com/the-fifteenth-dark-wolf/lichmistress-serrated-blade

A song which will be featured on my bands upcoming demo titled "Singularity". Not really slam, rather brutal death metal, but it has slams, bass drops and solos. Featuring REAL DRUMS (Yes, this guy doing 280bpm double bass is real, and there are faster moments in other songs from the demo :hbang:), ME (on guitar) and WEREPIG CHOKING ON A BLANKET (ME!). Also, neat slap bass (courtesy of the bassist). Also, I cleverly reused my "The Heaviest Breakdown Ever" submission which some of you might recognize. So far this is unmastered, I just slapped on a limiter and called it a day. Will master it properly later when I finish all dem songs. EDIT: NOW MASTERED SO YOU CAN SLAM DA FUQQ DOWN HARDER!

Feel free to tell me this sucks dick and that I should die in a bush. I'd appreciate that and any other criticism, be it of music, production, performance or whatever.

Do you like the mastered version more?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. atoragon

atoragon SS.org Regular

drums are impressively tight for an acoustic set! maybe guitars are a bit too scooped and the bass stands out a bit too much for my tastes, try to low pass a bit the bass and high pass the voice, so that you can get rid of some low mud.

3. DarkWolfXV

Thanks! It does help that the man behind the drums is very talented :shred:.
    The bass is low passed (In meaning that I cut out high freqs, yes?) at 5k already, and the vocals are high passed at 50 hz. Will try more drastic settings, though.

4. Robrecht

Robrecht Overall weird person

Like it! One small detail that's probably due to the rudimentary mastering: starting at 4:04, you can hear the feedback getting squished by the limiter every time the other guitars come in.

5. DarkWolfXV

I mastered it! It is a bit less loud, but I like the tone of it better. It sounds clearer and more professional, IMO.