Brexit: what will it do to guitar prices in Britain?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by fps, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

Absolutely, I'm aware of that. Much like I was saying about the City, because we were a founding member of the EU we used our position to do what was good for us, much to the annoyance of everyone else.

Zhysick likes this.
  2. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Er, no, the UK isn't a founding member of the EU lol.
    Besides, I'm pretty sure the end result isn't "good for you" with a reunited Ireland and independent Scotland incoming.
    And I just realised this actually wasn't the Brexit topic so I'll stop there. Feel free to raise the subject on the appropriate one.

3. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Eh, united Ireland is a really good thing for the UK because we're such an economic negative and all they get out of it is claim to a couple of good golf tracks.

Zhysick likes this.
  4. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

Yep, EU was founded during the 50s and UK got into in the 73. But you are right about the other, but that has been done more or less by any country in the EU...

5. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

I thought Caesar created it, Napoleon tried to revitalize it, and then Hitler tried again?

And each time....the Brits done fucked up the dream at the last moment

Merrekof likes this.
  6. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Nah, the Russians fucked up the dream and the Brits yelled they did after they were cornered and deflecting punches.

7. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

True

Brexit was probably a Russian false flag too

8. Christopher Williams

Christopher Williams SS.org Regular

College has become ridiculously expensive in the US because it’s been flooded with free cash in the form of lavish government sponsored student loans over the last 2 decades.

Combine that with massive influxes of bureaucrats whose job has nothing to do with education, and everything to do with advancing politics, and it should be no surprise that college costs have exploded.

dshea19 likes this.
  9. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Shouldn't britons be able to get domestic stuff cheaper after brexit? Seems like a great time to order a daemoness.

10. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Britain will be back in the eu by the time your daemoness is done.

11. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Probably not. The raw materials are imported, I think. Those will be more expensive because of the bad position britons are in when it comes to trade negotiations.

:rofl:

12. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

Come again? have you really looked at the trade deficit figures between the UK - eu & the rest of the world? (here's just one for you "The UK had an overall trade deficit of -£79 billion with the EU in 2019") you (and the rest of the world) sell us a fuck ton more stuff than you buy from us...last time i checked that means if you want our money (and fish) you better start offering us a better deal and prices or we can now just go and shop else where....

13. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Please do. I'm sure the USA will looooooooooooooove to sell you the proverbial chlorinated chicken and to enforce their food standards on your population.

In case you didn't notice, the EU doesn't need your money.

StevenC likes this.
  14. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Honestly, I haven't. I do know that the Brexit affects Belgium since we import and export lots of stuff to Britian so we'll definetely gonna be nagatively affected by that.

I meant more along the lines of trade agreements outside of Europe. The EU as a whole has a better negotiation position than Britian alone.

StevenC likes this.
  15. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

If we're in such a strong position why haven't we got a "good" deal after 4 and a half years?

Omzig, Merrekof and cip 123 like this.
  16. Omzig

Omzig SS.org Regular

Im sure i'll enjoy the Choice of having either, also ive visited the USA a number of time and eaten chicken there as well as other meat/dairy/veg and never been sick or ill once (i can not say the same about my visits to Italy or spain though) but as i have for the last 10 years or so i will more likely just contiune to buy british breed/slaughted chicken and are you really sure you wont miss the UK's money in the pot? after all we are/were the 3rd highest contrubutor to the EU's buget & im not sure if you know this but from 2000 to 2017 the UK’s net contribution exceeded the net contributions of 26 other EU countries combined with only germany paying in more during this time...simple math says you will miss the contrubtion, but hey "The Project" comes first right

Well id say it's due to weak Prime Minister's, Cowardly Cameron and Treasonous May + Remainer MP's and lords in control for most of that time (most of them on the take from the EU) they let the EU put the UK in a positon where we still gave them all money but had no say in anything...ideal for the EU,whats not to like for them about that....keep the money but silence a troublesome voice, also the EU will never ever give the UK a good deal because it would only make other members refect on there memberships, and they do seem to get off on punishment (but only for those that rock the boat) just look at the current Hungry/Poland issue over the CV-19 bailout...do what we say or no money for you.....

Well a lot of countries wont do deals with the EU due to the crazy amount of red tape/BS and laws the EU seems to like to draw up, i think there are something like 62,000 international standards laws atm (inc one that limits vacuum cleaners to just 900 watts...why???)
    once the UK starts to Cut away at that red tape i think more and more doors will open tade wise, people in the UK spend a lot of money around the world and if you think that no one will still want a slice of that pie just because we are outside the EU...well we shall see

17. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

So what about BoJo? Why should remain MPs roll over to agreements they disagree with when elected under the pretence of that disagreement? Should Lords really be condoning breaking international laws?

Yes, that's what happens when you agree to pay a bunch of money then decide to leave the table.

So they will give us a deal or won't? And it's the fault of May's (and somehow Cameron's) negotiating or it's not?

18. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

I'm sorry for the double post, but anytime someone uses the phrase "once we start cutting red tape the economy will improve" I die a little inside knowing how many people are allowed to talk about things they don't even slightly comprehend.

mbardu and budda like this.
  19. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

the uk has a population of 66 million people. what crack are you smoking.

Lozek and StevenC like this.