Brainworx / Plugin Alliance VST amps!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Bentaycanada, Dec 30, 2020.

1. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

For me an amp sim should work well without having to do so much to make it work in a mix. It sounds good but those lows are an issue. If I have to add a bunch of stuff to scale back its low end, I'd rather just use another amp sim.

I really like the sim, but it's not for quick and easy mix solutions

DudeManBrother likes this.
  2. thrashinbatman

thrashinbatman SS.org Regular

IME the Savage sim is pretty similar to the actual amp. I haven't done a direct A/B but it sounds and feels how I expect the Savage to sound.

DrakkarTyrannis likes this.
  3. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

These sims really do respond like amps which is nice. They are all around really great amp sims and worth the money (on sale. And I say only on sale because I personally think the full price is a lot for ANY amp sim.)

4. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Hey...how did everybody get in my room?

Dirk just sent an email saying he’s sending a voucher for a free new amp plugin tomorrow, that appears to be an Ampeg bass amp; possibly an SVT Classic? That’s pretty awesome.

Ericjutsu likes this.
  5. Thorshammer1980

Thorshammer1980 SS.org Regular

You sign up for the monthly mega bundle and you can DL any of those plugins shown?

6. Bentaycanada

Bentaycanada SS.org Regular

Yup, there’s a lot on there.

7. Thorshammer1980

Thorshammer1980 SS.org Regular

Glad you posted this. I'll be checking it out.

Bentaycanada likes this.
  8. DudeManBrother

It is the Ampeg SVT-VR Classic. This came with my UA Apollo interface. It is a simple, great sounding bass sim. It’s included in the Mega bundle, but you might consider using the voucher to keep it permanently, so that it’s yours even if you stop paying monthly for the bundle.

I think anyone can use the code (for the next 30 days): AMPEG-FOR-FREE as long as you have/create an account.

9. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I just got it. At first I was confused as I didn't realize there are two versions of this. It sorta irked me that they gave the basic one away for free but honestly it's bass, so that's fine actually. It's my third bass amp sim. Granted I don't have much in terms of bass amps as the Ignite bass amp pretty much has all bass needs covered but I'll play around with this one and see if it makes for a good replacement

Cyanide_Anima likes this.
  10. Cyanide_Anima

Cyanide_Anima BLOOOOM!

How does it sound? I'm currently using the stock Logic bass amps and (Nalex Ninja for the distorted grit/top end) and they sound pretty good for my use case. Always nice to use something that might require less work to make sound good, though.

11. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

It's actually not bad. You can dirty up the tone for some grind so that's a nice feature but the amp is pretty bare bones. It's definitely different than my Ignite so it's a keeper.

12. DudeManBrother

It has a couple switches and inputs to select between fat and bright tones, then volume, bass, and treble pots. I use it often for clean bass, but usually split the bass signal and record through a real overdriven guitar amp when I want grit as well.

I used the UAD version in a mix for a mix contest just the other day, and actually used the Brainworx Herbert as well. https://soundclick.com/r/s8fvvi
    But either way, it’s got that great classic Ampeg tone and sounds awesome bass heavy and round, or bright and slightly gritty.

DrakkarTyrannis likes this.
  13. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

So wtf is the point of soundclick? I have an account, just cause the more search hits the better, but I have no idea what this site is for. I also found out I'm #11 on one of the charts...yet I have no clue if that even means anything

14. DudeManBrother

I don’t pay attention to any of that chart stuff. I’m not sure how those charts are generated, and a ton of the stuff on there is pretty awful. I use it because I can load uncompressed wav files vs SoundCloud and other sites that really compress the hell out of your music. I also like that I can make mix notes, edit, and re-upload a song, and keep the same link. The site I used to use (now taken down) would require you to delete the existing track and upload a new link. It’s just a useful site for sending uncompressed tracks around for people to either stream or download.

15. DudeManBrother

Slight necrobump to say that there’s another Plugin Alliance sale going on. Use MEGA-SALE-20OFF with no minimum purchase. So you can get 2 stomp boxes (9.99 ea), or a couple things from Unfiltered Audio completely free.

MetalheadMC and DrakkarTyrannis like this.
  16. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Fuck you. You come in here with your codes and your plugin info..and now I'm out 9 dollars because I'd been wanting that Engl plugin for a while. I don't even need it. This is an addiction you're worsening. Y U DO DIS!?

DudeManBrother and MetalheadMC like this.
  17. DudeManBrother

:lol: I didn’t need another saturation or delay plugin either, but free is a nice price. The Engl should be worth $9 I’d think. At least I’d hope lol

18. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

The sad thing is the Engl demo I wasn't crazy about. Not enough volume or presence/treble..but fuck it. 9 bucks I just wanted it. I told you. It's addiction. I don't even need the shit. Fuck my life

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  19. DudeManBrother

My plugin list would definitely agree with you