Boss katana mk2, signal chain, boost and compression

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by ZeroS1gnol, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ZeroS1gnol

ZeroS1gnol SS.org Regular

I'm thinking about buying a Katana mk2 50W, to use as a practice amp. Now I've seen some Youtube clips about it, but what isn't clear to me is how versatile the patch setup is when using the computer editor. Currently I'm using a POD HD 500X on a power amp, so I'm hoping the Katana gives me some flexibility in how to set up a patch.

The main items that I am interested:

1) Does it give you the ability to enable a boost pedal and a compression pedal in one patch? (Built in, not external).
    2) Are you able to reorder fx in the signal chain? Like putting your delays pre or post pre-amp.
    3) Is it possible to enable multiple fx of the same type in one patch? Like a phaser and a chorus for modulation?

2. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

I haven't even checked this video but I have seen a few of this guy and are the most explanatory ones I have found in YT so, if nobody comes in to give some light you could probably find the answer in this or any other of his videos

Cheers!

3. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

1. No
    2. No. Well, not really. I think you might be able to get one block to move before or after the amp, but it isn't a delay. It is mostly Mod effects.
    3. No. Well, re-thinking that, if you use one in mod, and the other in fx, I think you can do this. However, you give up the delay to do this, unless you use the delay that is in the reverb block. Another idea, is you can use the mod block, and have red, yellow, and green. You can set the different effects on the different colors, but the only way to switch them it to push the button the amp. The settings are the same between them also, so you can change type, but the settings stay the same.

4. Pat

Pat SS.org Regular

you can do all of this