Boss Katana amps (What the Boss Waza amp should have been)

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Sep 10, 2016.

1. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Been looking into the 100W combo or Head.. I play with some loud as f**k guys and my 15W Laney just dissapears. I just want something gig worthy for a cheaper price. At home I use my Helix but it will stay in my desk, so thats my main amp if you will, my money is spent there :p
    I have the Laney 1x12 and maybe the head with that will do the trick? Im only going to be playing high gain metal stuff. At the practice room theres a spare 4x12 i can play through.
    And hauling a 1x12 and a katana head seems like a fairly reasonable weight.
    Anyone using them for gigs?

2. MASS DEFECT

MASS DEFECT SS.ORG Infiltrator

It's loud enough to gig with for sure. Just make sure your cab is 8ohms. I notice quite a loss of volume if I use a 16ohm cab.

myrtorp likes this.
  3. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

Well I guess I ended up with the head!
    I traded in a Mim Strat I never play anymore (since I got a tele) and got the Katana for like 20EUR or something like that, which was nice :)

I downloaded the Tone Studio and it wont install... I'll fiddle with that another day!
    bossuru katana.jpg

Spaced Out Ace, Shask and MASS DEFECT like this.
  4. Zalbu

Zalbu More time than skill

What's the best way to go about with recording straight from the amp with this amp?

I have the Katana 100 and I want to record into Ableton Live on Windows 10, but if I record with the USB output then I have to go into the settings of Ableton and change the audio device from the Katana to my audio interface every time I want to be able to listen to what I've recorded.

If I run a cable from the line out on the amp to the line in on my audio interface then I get a ton of noise and I don't know where it's coming from. Am I missing out on something here, or can it just be that I have the wrong settings on the amp, or a bad cable from the amp to the audio interface or something like that?

5. Luafcm

Luafcm SS.org Regular

I'd like boss to release a "waza brown" distortion pedal(preferbly MDP branded and not waza branded haha save me $$) This waza brown setting on the katana and waza amps sounds great to me.
    That's the cool thing about these amps to me... new fantastic sounding distortion.