boss katana 50 boosters, ts-scream

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by XxAlbertoxX, Jan 5, 2020.

1. XxAlbertoxX

XxAlbertoxX SS.org Regular

Can anyone tell me how to select the t-scream on the boss katana? i looked online but everyone just has the amp plugged in via USB and I just want to plug in and play.

I see the amp has 2 channels, ch1 and ch2 and they both have 2 different sound banks, A and B, but the t-scream isn't selected as one of the banks.

I'm assuming someone is going to just reply that I need to use the online software, which kinda sucks as I wanted some decent tones out of plug & play.

Anyway, I can't really get seem to get a good metal tone of it either, everything sounds kinda brittle or harsh and I have fishman fluence pickups and a pretty good guitar.

I'll take any tips :D

2. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

Hey, read the manual. You can select one of 3 boosters. The stock ones are already in slots: blues drive, overdrive, distortion. You need to use software in order to set gain at min. and level at max.

XPT707FX likes this.
  3. Shask

Shask SS.org Regular

I would recommend that you go ahead and hook up the software. Dial it in the way you want it, select what you want, and then leave the software alone. You got your plug-n-play tones available in the amp after that.

As far as brittle, I run a low pass EQ in the patch Parametric EQ where I cut the high end above 10Khz or so. I run this on about every sound to darken up the amp. On the low end, I crank up the lows.

XPT707FX and sharedEQ like this.
  4. sharedEQ

sharedEQ SS.org Regular

Does the katana have all the gt100 effect in the software? Do you get 20+ boost pedals?

5. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

They are avalible via pc/mac editor. I highly recommend sneaky amps trick.

Deadpool_25 and XPT707FX like this.
  6. Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25 SS.org Regular

Agreed. The sneaky amps are better ino

Wolfhorsky likes this.