Boss HM2/Clone Chainsaw Megathread

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
this kind of makes me want to try out a swollen pickle. That guitar tone is nasty!

I LOVE my Swollen Pickle. Absolute best non-boutique fuzz on the market. Never thought of using it for HM-2 style stuff. I use it for heavy doom tones. Color me intrigued. Gotta check this band out to see how they sound.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
I LOVE my Swollen Pickle. Absolute best non-boutique fuzz on the market. Never thought of using it for HM-2 style stuff. I use it for heavy doom tones. Color me intrigued. Gotta check this band out to see how they sound.
END rules. I was also surprised to see that they were using the Swollen Pickle

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
that's pretty much the same setup that knocked loose uses (5150+ swollen pickle). They make it sound gnarly as fuck.

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
that's pretty much the same setup that knocked loose uses (5150+ swollen pickle). They make it sound gnarly as fuck.
Any idea how to set the internal trim knobs on a Pickle to get those tones? I have two Pickles around here (an actual one and a small clone) and would definitely keep them both if I can get these tones!

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
Any idea how to set the internal trim knobs on a Pickle to get those tones? I have two Pickles around here (an actual one and a small clone) and would definitely keep them both if I can get these tones!
pretty sure they reference their settings in here around 15 mins
:

Last edited:

epsylon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haven't read all 30 pages of the thread, but I wanted to say I got a TC Electronic Eyemaster a while ago and I am extremely pleased with it. Having had a Taiwan HM-2 in the past, the Eyemaster compares very favorably: it's cheaper, and infinitely more usable. If you're on a budget, or if you're not but you can't be bothered shelling out $$$ for an HM-2 or a boutique clone, I would def recommend it.

olejason

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Pickle is great on bass too. Especially if you pair it with guitars that aren't gobbling up all the low end space. Sounds massive!

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Pickle is great on bass too. Especially if you pair it with guitars that aren't gobbling up all the low end space. Sounds massive!
I'm going to assume you're the same "olejason" from TB... And you are 100% correct - the Swollen Pickle is by far my favorite non-boutique fuzz for bass. If I didn't know of boutique brands, it would definitely be my #1.

sirbuh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To keep this thread going added another Throne Torcher to the collection.
Anything new out in the HM2 space or in the near term?

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Never thought I would be posting in this thread since I'm definitely not an hm2 guy, but I recently picked up a wurm 2 out of curiosity and man it's so much fun to play through. Totally different sound than what I normally go for. Still need to mess with the internal pots to dial it in but I'm pretty happy with the super midrange and bass buzzsaw.
PXL_20220529_152959778.jpg

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Besides the "smoothing" adjustment of the 2, are there any functional differences between the Wurm and Wurm 2? I see that they moved the EQ options to the outside for the 2, but does it still have the EQ center adjustment inside the pedal? Or were those removed for the "smoothing" adjustment for the 2?

Bled4bathor1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
best thread ever!
I've a HM2 MIJ, MIT, Arion Metal Master, Behringer HM300, KMA Wurm, LWA LHP, Anarchy Audio HM2, Dunwich HM2 and a TC Eyemaster. I'm planning to get the Airis clone as well as the pepers pedals clone and much more. Every pedal has its own flavour, but all of them can do the chainsaw!
I'll do some comparison vids in the near future, might be helpful for some of you!
I have the original TRANSMUTATION DEVICES CRUSTIFIXION HM2 CLONE.i think they became PEPERS PEDALS...don't quite me on that...I have the original DEATH KNOB too.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't read this whole thread but I just tried a maxon od808 into a ratt into the red channel of a 6505+. It's the best hm2 sound I've gotten yet, especially with not too much gain on the amp and ratt. It has much more definition than my regular hm2 but still has that chainsaw effect.

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't read this whole thread but I just tried a maxon od808 into a ratt into the red channel of a 6505+. It's the best hm2 sound I've gotten yet, especially with not too much gain on the amp and ratt. It has much more definition than my regular hm2 but still has that chainsaw effect.
What are your settings? I know I like to run my rat into my 6505+ red channel, but never thought to add another pedal in front of it. I'm definitely always looking for new ways to get that chainsaw tone.

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just a quick update to say that if your Throat Locust can do 18v and you play bass, you should definitely give it a go. I confirmed with the builder that mine can do 18v (only says 9v on the pedal), and it's amazing. More dynamics, more natural bass, clearer articulation. Just better, and that's saying a lot as the Throat Locus was already a favorite of mine on bass!

Bled4bathor1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To keep this thread going added another Throne Torcher to the collection.
Anything new out in the HM2 space or in the near term?
There are all kinds of different hm2 pedal versions w cool options different from all others in ebay and reverb lately.check deep in the sites and you will run into all kinds of cool shit for real.