Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Battousai, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

I got the CD of the new album in the mail a few days ago. Listened through it 3 or 4 times. It's a good album, I guess, but there was not one single moment that surprised me or had me thinking "WOW". And after 3-4 times of listening to the album I felt like "Ok, that's the latest BOO album, now I want to listen to something else." And I'm not surprised if I won't listen to this album in a while again.
    My favorite BOO album is The Discovery (surprise, I know, right?!), but I still liked TWDA, but I found the album after that (Soulsphere?) less interesting and the latest release is yet less interesting to me than their previous release. My 2c, of course.

2. Silence2-38554

Silence2-38554 SS.org Regular

Yeah.... TWDA was my favorite BOO album, followed by The Discovery. This new album is..... fine? I'd say I like it about the same as Soul Sphere, except the mix on the new album is so strange. Like others have stated, unless your playback system is capable of reproducing sub frequencies, there is no low end at all. The lack of low mid makes it sound so bad that I won't even listen to it unless it's through certain systems.

Razerjack likes this.
  3. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

It was a Nick Sampson mix, right?

I honestly don't know a single mix of his that I like other than maybe his work with Polyphia

No meat, no substance, no shine, nothing

4. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

The last two have felt like they just went back to the guitar stems from TWDA and chopped out bits and made new riffs. There were a few cool leads and a few cool riffs, but the "sing-scream" stuff and the Linkin Park (lets love each other over our stuggle bullshit) lyrics all over the place aren't doing it for me. I'll probably listen to it a few more times just to be sure, though.

oddcam likes this.
  5. oddcam

oddcam SS.org Regular

There is no bass in the mix? What happened?
    I like the the instrumental composition quite a bit, the guitars are great actually. ^ Gunpointmetal said it right, here's the real question:

How many albums will BoO put out before they realize Joe's "sing-screaming" is FUCKING IRRITATING!?

GunpointMetal likes this.
  6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

They could put out an album where the singer says “Just Fucking Bow Down!” on every track before the solo and I would still buy it.

7. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

the last two albums with all the lyrics replaced by "Fucking Bow Down!" would be a lyrical improvement, IMO.

lewis likes this.
  8. oath5

oath5 SS.org Regular

I'm a fan of them but why did they decide to to an And justice for all to their bassist?

9. Paul McAleer

Paul McAleer newborn baby

So it’s been some time.

Any news on the “2nd” album for their “double release”?

10. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

I saw them about a week back here in San Francisco. Got to stand in the left front row corner right in front of Lee so I could watch him solo and check out all his Kiesels. They put on a solid show. No mention of any new material.