Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Battousai, Sep 29, 2008.
Another solid track, but I can see the novelty wearing off on this new album really quickly
Is it just me or are the rewriting the same song over and over with the slightest variation to make it seem different? Ironically, Throw Me In the Jungle stands out the most in spite of it's totally uninteresting guitar work. I feel like I'm hearing the same thing on repeat...the whole thing feels lazy.
Can't agree, and I have felt that way about bands/albums before from other artists. Every song released thus far has been pretty different from each other 70% of the time, the other 30% I account to being their "sound".
Free Fall has an electronic outro FFS
Not feeling Free Fall that much. Got bored of it after a couple of listens. I guess it would be good for the shows, though. Very intense.
I do like the new song, but resilience is still my favorite of the new songs so far!
Lee definitely upping his solo game on this album
I remember someone mentioned a similar problem in this thread: my toilet has been leaking since yesterday. Full report on the issue will be here after a week or so.
To stay on topic, some completely different news I decided to pre-order the new album.
Well.. Warlords outro solo is insanely catchy. I actually quite like this album... Even the songs they released that I didn't like are starting to grow on me. I'll probably pick up this release.
Some of the 'unreleased' songs have some simple but groovy and catchy riffs. Really enjoying it..and a couple of the solos are really good. Most of them surprised me, not thinking at all that they would throw them in there.
Definite step up from twda...
Also the composer outro holy hell what in the world hahaha
New album is sooooo much fun and actually really solid all around, colour me surprised. I'd say Jungle is the worst track, but mixed in the with rest of the songs it ain't too bad.
I've actually started to like it a bit.
where are you guys hearing these song?
There is an official album stream now on youtube now so we can all check it out.
This is album is ....ing great, BoO should be proud. The synth/computer stuff is really tasteful as compared to TWDA, there's BAD-ASS djent stuff going on, and they've created some wonderful, creepy and beautiful atmosphere. There are still some parts that many will find stale, but they are few and far between. I thought I might be lost on the BoO hate since I didn't love the last album but goddamn, this one is heavy and pretty. Listening to it I crapped my pants, and I enjoyed it.
Quite a few of the synth lines are Halloween-esque and it kinda makes me chuckle. Like the opening to The Other Half Of Me.
"The Other Half of Me" is sick. That one may be my favorite along with "resilience" and "goddess of the dawn".
Resilience is still my favorite, but I also love this one...
The Other Half Of Me, Tidebinder, Goddess Of The Dawn are great too.
Album is up on spotify now too.
Warlords solo is dope. Made me stop and go back to listen to it again, haha. He has totally upped his game.
I like this album a lot.