Borderlands Megathread - All things Borderlands

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by highlordmugfug, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Bunker's tied with Old Slappy for easiest boss in the entire game, man. Just go down to the second level, near the vending machines. The bots rarely come down there, Bunker's cannons don't fire down there, and the mines it launches rarely do, either. I just stand down there and empty clip after clip into it until it dies, easy-peasy. Of course, it'd be a pain getting TO the bunker every time I wanted to farm it, but the bunker fight itself couldn't be much easier.

Since I mentioned him, with Slappy, just climb back out of the water and hide behind the big pipe running parallel to the ground. His projectiles can't get past the pipe, but you can shoot at him from the space between the pipe and the ground.

2. Mendez

Mendez SS.org Regular

Oh yeah forgot you can do that with bunker, and really just the initial climb is the hard part. Once your up there your good to go for farming. But yeah, farming with a zero or krieg is faster since they basically one hit kill bunker. Hell King Gothalion has a video series called "Will it Bore" where he one hit kills bunker with different weapons. One of the weapons he used was the first E-tech you get :nuts:

Gotta fight bosses legit Tim! :lol::lol:

3. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Yeah, King Gothalion's videos are awesome. This is still my favorite one:

He was announcing the 3rd headhunter pack and the rarest gun in the game dropped for him at random. Cobras are even harder to find than the infinity pistol. This was awesome.

4. Grand Moff Tim

I accidentally dropped my best pistol (an electric dart [the kind with homing bullets] I got from the Doctor for the E-Tech mission) into the grinder in Overlook that you're supposed to drop shields in for that one mission.

Thanks, wonky PC menu item selection. Thanks. At least when I accidentally sell something I can buy it right back. Ugh.

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Started my TVH play-through, running into what I feel like is way too many Super Bad-ass enemies but oh well, I've got some gnarly rifles off the bat. Got a sniper that did 27XX damage, and I was like, "Oh shit, this thing is pretty tits" then proceeded to get a rifle that does around 36XX damage and immediately went, "Ohhhh." Is the fire rate nerfed compared to the 2.7K - absolutely, as in like, 1/4 of the predecessors. But the extra 1K in damage usually takes care of that and especially since I've gotten quick with zooming in and out to lock on. DPS with the new sniper is around 4900 :D

My new pistol also does 4x as much as my old Fast Iron did, and it's not even anything fancy, it's just a green Revolver but it turns out 1400 damage minimum and has a hell of a fire rate.

6. Deadnightshade

Deadnightshade U gonna eat that?

I had a lvl 67 Mechromancer and lost her... I'll miss that little squishy bitch... The deathtrap isn't worth 2 cents for any kind of boss from TVHM and onwards apart from distraction, but damn I loved dealing a mini shock nova each time I reloaded. Also hated it for reloading near elemental barrels. I confess I've died a couple of times like that :lol:

Started a new playthrough with a Siren, and I dig her so far. Her phaselock isn't mindblowing in the sense "I'm overwhelmed, let's press f and make 5 enemies die at the same time", but I can tell she has some pretty good skills that are straight to the point, and seems to fit team play well enough for focusing enemies, shooting for heals, or phaselocking an enemy to have some time to revive a teamate.

I might start another playthrough with another character. I'm between Gunzerker and Psycho. Which one is better for solo playthrough and damage to raids?

7. tacotiklah

Both are very good. I must confess that I :wub: Hellborn Kriegs. Run him with a flame of the firehawk shield with enough points in the hellborn tree and he can literally run around entire levels throwing flame novas everywhere and clearing every enemy out.

That said, Gunzerker is probably a better bet for raid bosses. He has skills like health and ammo regeneration while he gunzerks, which is great against enemies like Hyperius and Master Gee.

Just depends upon which is more suitable to your play style; shooting everything with a lot of bullets, or taking a bit of self damage and just running around blowing everything up.

8. Deadnightshade

Hmm thanks for the advice. I'll go with Krieg, as melee-range playstyle sounds fun for a change. I'll keep the siren for raids then.

Also Jess how many hours do you have in BL2? :lol:

9. tacotiklah

Depends. Are we talking since I got it on steam or are we talking overall? :lol:

Steam is showing that I have 821 hours, but overall is likely 3 times that. Until recently, I literally stopped playing any other game. BL2 is a helluva drug. :lol:

10. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I forgot how boring the early missions are. Like, holy shit, going around killing Bullymongs and psychos, ugh. I easily hate the Armored Maniacs, but I do really enjoy using Phaselock on them and making them into my minions to attack their allies.

11. Deadnightshade

Wait till you start team fortress 2 :lol: I know it's addictive, and the greatest reason for that is that it abuses the "trading card syndrome" that many people have experienced when collecting magic the gathering cards, pokemon cards (or even pokemon in nintendo games), yu-gi-oh cards, etc. I promised myself I wouldn't farm consistently in BL2, as after many visits to the General Knoxx's armory in BL1, fighting my way there with 20 fps due to my old laptop and getting no pearls in return, I kind of feel that rare BL guns are a bit like unusual hats in TF2. Sure you don't pay for a chance to get them in real money, but you invest a great deal of time.

:lol:

12. Grand Moff Tim

So I'm sill working on my Maya build, and it's gotten a bit annoying. For the longest time, I wasn't really having trouble with anything. I almost never died or came close to dying, and was pretty much mopping the floor with everyone.

Then, at about the time I hit lvl 28 and got to Sawtooth Cauldron, EVERYBODY started just kicking my ass all over the place. It's getting a bit irritating, if I'm honest. I might have to start throwing some points into the damage skill tree, but I'm like two points away from completing the action skill tree. Hopefully I'll find some decent loot to even the odds a bit pretty soon.

13. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Yeah, Sawtooth Cauldron fvcked me up my first time I dove in and it was a big wake-up call. Probably the point where the game tips the balance and starts to even out from you being this big bad-ass Siren lady.

14. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

Sawtooth and Lynchwood level with you for a good while and tend not to let up. My guess is they're meant as places where you can level if you're stuck in late-game; they are a pain in the dick, but they serve the purpose of eliminating that pain. :lol: The funny part to me is that they're more of a bitch than the two final bosses put together, at least til Ultimate.

Started my sixth character. FFS, I can't get away from this game. I don't even want to. -___-

15. Deadnightshade

When I did my first run as Gaige, I remember both of these areas being a bit more challenging even on first playthrough, though not by an absurding amount. Try Lynchwood in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode with a gazillion armored skags with riders shooting at you on your tail and that'll put into perspective that in the first two difficulties it's rather balanced :lol:

My guess is that the difficulty is kind of random (within some margins), depending on your gear, skill tree, and map layout. It's kind of the most frustrating and rewarding kind of balance. If you get your ass kicked, but you revise your skill tree and/or find better loot, you do better, and that feels good.

I vividly remember starting the Ultimate Vault Hunter playthrough.. I was something like level 60 or close to that, because just before that I played through some of the long DLCs, but my gear was capped to 50 due to TVHM. I was getting my ass kicked from fvcking bullyrots, even when I had an equally underlevelled bee shield on. That's when I decided to play Torgue's campaign in UVHM to get some decent gear going on before proceeding with the main BL2 storyline. I end up purchasing an Unkempt Harold from a vending machine (farmed a bit the race mission). Holy shit though the tyrannosaurus was unbalanced as tits with a significant unequal amount of silicone put into them . It took me several tries (random explosives getting in the room and obliterating me) of 20 minutes each to take him down from a tiny gap between the arena door and the concrete barricade, with the bee shield and a sandhawk. That was essentially a raid boss fight...

16. Grand Moff Tim

I didn't have too much trouble with Lynchwood this time, though I did do more fleeing than I had up to that point. It was Sawtooth Cauldron that really ....ed me up. I think the only build I've done that didn't have any trouble there the first time through was Krieg.

17. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Lynchwood didn't really do anything to me. Maybe NY gear was already at a high enough point but I walked over the Marauders and Bandits, the only thing that really hurt me was the Armored Skags and Lab Rats

18. Entropy Prevails

Entropy Prevails SS.org Regular

If anyone needs 72 level Siren gear or 72 level gear in general, I can provide. If you´re on xbox that is.

19. Grand Moff Tim

Boy, Maya's action skill sure didn't do me much good against Jack in the final fight, since I have the tree maxed. The only other baddies besides jack die in like two hits, so using it on them wasn't particularly helpful. I think it ended up being the longest Jack battle I've had of any of the playthroughs I've done, for some reason.

The Warrior was still super easy, though, because Gearbox apparently believes the Borderlands series' main stories all need to have anti-climactically easy final bosses.

20. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Really? For me, Maya's Phaselock showed me which ones where the fakes and made it super easy to find the real Jack (not that it's particularly hard anyways but still) as well as do some damage to him right away

Aside from that, yeah the Warrior is stupidly easy