Borderlands Megathread - All things Borderlands

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by highlordmugfug, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

It's interesting that they are somewhat touting the fact that this is the last of the DLC - I hope that means that BL3 is close - altho I've heard absolutely nothing about any developement of it!

2. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

I'd bet that they are ready to launch the full production of the third chapter and therefore they will stop to put energy into BL2

That being said, been a ....ing while since I played BL2, should get back to it. Couple of DLCs are out, last I tried was the D&D style one, can't recall the name. How are the other out since?

3. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

4. goherpsNderp

goherpsNderp no refutin' rasputen

their comments on why they aren't working on it yet make it sound like they don't want the game being held back by PS360, and would rather wait a bit until it can be only PS4/X1/PC. i'd much prefer they do that than let the experience suffer because it's gotta be able to work on older hardware.

meanwhile they're going to finish their Brothers in Arms game and work on two new IP's, so im not too upset about it.

i JUST NOW finished the Torgue DLC, and i'm about to work on the Wottle Gobbler head hunter DLC. need to get my Zer0 up to 55 or so and then go back and complete some of the insane challenges that are ranked at level 50. (ie: the tier 3 bar fight, the tier 2 buzzard battle, etc.)

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I give these three a month before they drop down to the $40, if not $30, mark. Gearbox has a terrible - horrid to be perfectly blunt - track record with non-Borderlands IPs (DNF and Aliens) so I don't see these going much better; if they do, great for them, but history repeats itself.

6. goherpsNderp

goherpsNderp no refutin' rasputen

DNF wasn't developed by them, only handled financially and in an advisory fashion once the game was handed over to them. Aliens was absolutely terrible, sure, but the BiA games have mostly been well received and highly regarded, and Opposing Force for HL1 wasn't too shabby either.

i don't think they have a long enough track record to really make any calls like that yet. BL was a new ip and it's done very well. DNF and Aliens weren't new ips. (both of which were pretty much doomed from the very start anyway)

7. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

Trying to farm both the sham shield and the bitch smg. For those that don't know, the sham is a legendary absorb type shield with an absorb rate of up to 94%.That means that anywhere from 81-94% (it varies from one sham to the next) of the bullets fired will not harm the shield, will instead be absorbed by the shield, and those bullets will be put into your backpack as ammo for you to use.
    The bitch is a pretty beast smg with a great fire rate and is highly accurate. (I'm sure most of you guys know this, but for the slowpokes like me discovering the game late, I'm just spreading the info)

Trouble is that you have to farm BNK-3R for them. :lol:
    Surprisingly enough, even with another person in the game I can take down BNK-3R solo with my Zer0. A pistol spec'd Zer0 with that Bee shield and a scoped hornet pistol just creams almost anything Hyperion throws at you. I was hitting over 500k criticals on BNK-3R with this pistol and that fast 5 burst rate just eats him alive.

Now if only I can get him to drop that damned sham shield. :lol:

8. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

From my experience both The Sham (especially 95%) and the bitch are the rarest drops there are! I've spent days dropping the BNK-3R only to get maybe 1 Bitch in all those times. The Sham I have is actually from the Warrior, and dropped rather unexpectedly while trying to get a CC.

9. tacotiklah

Similar thing happened to me when I got that hornet. Even though Knuckle Dragger is normally the boss that gives it up (and he has on normal mode for other characters), I actually got mine as a drop from Saturn. I remember cussing both out of joy and frustration when I saw it because it would have made that Saturn fight so much easier. :lol:

10. tacotiklah

I finally did it!
    I beat Terramorphous solo! :D
    I did it with my level 54 assassin. Had slayer of terramorphous class mod, bee shield and a level 53 Moxxi's Heart Breaker shotgun.

Scored a slayer of terramorphous siren class mod for my trouble. :lol:

Feels good to finally beast that damn boss without help. :lol:

Daf57 likes this.
  11. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Alright!!! :bowdown:

That is such an intense battle solo! I never was able to beat Terra with Zer0 - good job!

12. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

On the thought of Borderlands 3 not being developed. A lot of the way that interview reads suggests that they are working on a Borderlands game, but it is not going to be called Borderlands 3. Lets not forget that 2K have the rights to the name Borderworlds and have done since before Bl2. I find it quite hard to believe that 2K's biggest game (which is still getting DLC about 18 months after release) is not being worked on. I'm sure that any progress on a new borderlands title will still be very small perhaps just concepts and story, but i'm sure it's happening. Also we will have the telltale games' Borderlands game to keep us busy.
    That being said, 2K are now making any new Bioshock titles since Irrational games shrunk down so they might be going full steam at that.

---edit---

^ good job on Terra, I remember my first solo kill. It's the same feeling you get playing dark souls.

13. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

Zero is annoying as hell to try and solo bigass bosses with, especially the raid bosses. Speaking as someone who plays solo easily 99% of the time of course :lol: he's my only 72 so far. First Terra win was with Bee+Sandhawk in TVHM. It tears him apart. Even then you have to be super careful, but it works well. Solod all of the bosses except Vermivorous (can't be ....ed to try and get him to spawn) and Dexidious (kinda pointless/hilarious eridium cost for one person) with him, and it is a goddamn chore. Also obv not bragging as it's mostly about knowing what bullshit to exploit sometimes :lol: Working on my Siren and Mechro now. Axton seems to be pretty ridic for soloing, but he's a little boring to play sometimes so I haven't gotten far with him.

.... I love BL2. Still haven't done the Headhunters yet. Heard they're super short but I'm sure the laughs and random cosmetic crap will make it fun. I completely get what Randy's saying about 3; they need to figure out where they want to take it. 2's still massive so I don't mind at all. Devving some other titles should give em some thinking time. :wub:

14. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Ain't that the truth!

15. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I abandoned my Zer0 build and started another Gaige, hahaha. She's just so much more fun to play, and has much better survivability. She can deal pretty insane damage, too, once you've got your Anarchy stacks up past 100, though you do have some accuracy issues at that point :lol:.

16. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Oh, on the topic of Gaige and accuracy:

I was doing the mission where you capture & replace the bandit flags in Sawtooth Cauldron yesterday. At one point, I was waiting for the flag to raise on the flagpole in the low area that's surrounded by threshers and airborne bandits (the one near Kai's corpse, not the other one).

By that point my Anarchy stacks had gotten pretty high, so my accuracy was pretty shit. One of the aircraft had dropped off some bandits waaaaaay the hell up on top of the platform you have to take the elevator to access, and they were taking potshots at me. I could barely even see them when looking down my sights, they were so far away.

I tried taking them out with my sniper rifle, but my accuracy was just too shitty. To deal with that little issue, I just got out a corrosive dart pistol I had and started firing off rounds in their general direction, hoping that some of them would home in on them. Sure enough, though most of them did miss, after a minute or so of plinking towards them, I got the XP kill notification, haha.

So there you go. Accuracty problems at range with Gaige? Carry a powerful dart. Problem solved, apparently :lol:.

17. Sam MJ

Sam MJ Tries to be helpful

I've been taking a litte break from BL2 but I did some again yesterday and DAMN! Playing solo as zer0 on UVHM is just punishing. At level 51 with my slag sniper and a jackobs one I can 2-3 hit most bandity things but once you're in ffyl you're just dead. Anything but crits is just hilariously bad, you might aswell be using a water pistol! :lol:

I had a go with mele and it's a little better and you don't die as much with law and order but it's not nearly as fun, but then again I'm not really speced properly for mele, mainly in cunning then split between sniping and bloodshed.

What other characters do well in UVHM solo?

Kreig looks awesome :D

18. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

By UVHM and definitely any higher. Zer0 needs to be specd for mele and have a healing weapon with a blade (preferably the grog nozzle, but the rubi could do for the lower levels).

19. Sam MJ

Sam MJ Tries to be helpful

Alright, mind recommending a skill point setup for level 51?

I'm doing tiny tina's campaign so I can get the grog on the way, I assume it doesn't matter if I get it now as it's a percentage thingy? What about a sheild?

Thanks for the help :)

20. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

Things you want will be a rapier from the pirate DLC for 200% mele, a really good roid shield (the love thumper is great, but damages team mates in Co-op so just use it solo), a bladed grog nozzle/rubi - Chain lightning > Storm front for stripping shields.

Quite a lot of the gun info is outdated in this video, but it has a good spec build in the second half.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVaPR6pTN4
    Look as this channel's newer stuff to see how gameplay looks with melee zer0, it's much different than what you would expect.

Stupidly in depth forum article on it.
    Guide to Playing Melee Zero (New Vid+Leveling Guide!) - The Gearbox Software Forums

Sam MJ likes this.