Bogren IR's Rhytm + Lead + Clean Demo and Mix Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Seybsnilksz, May 10, 2021.

1. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

Recorded this lil intrumental thing to showcase the IR's from Bogren Digital, and then a little mix rundown with thoughts on how to contruct guitar tones for different parts and roles.

2. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

Great playing, those IR's sound phenomenal. Is that from the rainbow & hell IR's I got the email for recently?

Edit: Oh shit, cool! You actually go through the track. I thought it was just going to be the demo song when I clicked on the video. Thanks for doing that. Going to finish it now.

Edit 2: Damn nice, I actually learned a lot from that. I love getting a peek at what others do in the studio, thanks again!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Seybsnilksz likes this.
  3. Perge

Perge SS.org Regular

Love what I've been able to get out of them. Running the gates of hell right now IIRC. Only slight complaint is if your not uber experienced with bogrens catalog, it can be hard to know what some of the IRs were going for. And with him having these as full mix IRs vs just cabs, a little more info would have been nice.

On the flip side, it makes you actually dig and see what they sound like, and they're all pretty good at the end of the day. Definitely don't regret the purchase, and will be picking up the rainbows and chainsaws pack soon.

4. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

I’ve got his metal IR pack; just last night I was making a bluesy preset in my AxeFX using a JTM45 for the amp, the cab block already had a Bogren IR in it, I figured it’d sound terrible with that kind of amp but it actually sounded GREAT!