Body Modification - Piercings/Tattoos etc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sidge428, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

Don't ....ing do it.
    You are young, and you are merely being one of those idiotic kids who "get a tattoo just to get one". I've seen so many kids that as soon as they turn 18, they go ape-shit getting stuff that is random and pointless and they regret it later.

Odds are you'll eventually not like the band or grow out of them or just "grow old". I have a co-worker who got a Third Eye Blind tattoo on his shoulder when he was a kid. Every day he ....ing regrets it now. Because he made a dumb choice as a kid.

My personal opinion, they ought to raise the age to get a tattoo to like 21 or something. Kids need to chill and just wait because they don't seem to fully grasp the "permanent" aspect of things since most crummy teenagers have never had anything stick "permanently" in their lives.

2. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

Jeff...don't hate me if this guess is wrong. But is that Ewan McGregor on your arm?! I'm fairly certain it's not, but once I saw it....I can't unsee it. :lol:

Also, those are some clean portraits.

3. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

That is Ewan McGregor, from a scene in Trainspotting. It's definitely not on me, though. My arms are already taken :lol:. The Tolstoy and Dostoevsky portraits, however, will be on my leg. The other portraits were just examples of Charles' work.

4. matt397

matt397 Tr00f

Although harsh, very true. I got 2 tattoos when I was that age and absolutely despise them not only for the horrible job that was done but for the imagery as well. No matter how old you are take your time and really think about what you want to get done. More important then what you're getting done is who your getting it done by. Do some solid research on artists in and around your area.

5. Ajb667

Ajb667 SS.org Regular

I'm not the kind of person who rushes out do to those things XD I probably will think about it a bit longer (I've been thinking about it since I was 16) and I already found a really good place near me. I'v checked out their artists and all of them are pretty amazing. So if I do get it done, I know where at least, if not what I'll get done.

BornToLooze likes this.
  6. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

I didn't want to be right as that just seems weird. Tolstoy and Doestoevsky I can understand, both for their influence and their legacy...but getting an living actor tattooed on yourself....man.

That aside, thanks for the clarification.

7. BabUShka

BabUShka SS.org Regular

Dont do it, many teens wants to take tattooes and the only thing they can imagine is a band logo or text.. And all of them tells the same: "i've thought a lot about it and Im pretty sure i want it"

I've always wanned the Metallica star, but today at age 23, Im ....ing glad I didnt do it because I dont listen to them anymore.

If you really want a tattoo, start out with something that never gets old, something very neutral. Angels, dragons, birds or other stuff that you might relate to yourself. I've got a huge angel on my right arm, it has a meaning.. But when people are asking, I always find a neutral meaning to tell them just to keep them shut, politely.

Its my first tattoo, got it one year ago.. Since i've been wanned to put more ink on my body every week, but I keep waiting 1-2 years inbetween every time I visit my tattoo artist. This shit is gonna last forever, so spending a couple of years of your life thinking about it is a nice thing to do for your own sake.

8. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

This. I love music like a goddamn limb and there isn't a single band that I listen to that I would even consider branding myself with. As an alternative, the OP could take cues from their logos (i.e. typeface, shapes, design lines, etc) and incorporate that into their tattoo of something else. That way, you can say you got the design cues from the artwork associated with your favorite music, but it never becomes a blatantly one-sided answer insofar as the meaning is concerned.

9. Ajb667

Ajb667 SS.org Regular

Hmm, I haven't actually thought about it like that. Now that I do, that definitely is a better idea :yesway:

10. User Name

User Name Banned

im thinking of getting this tattooed on my chest! :lol:

[​IMG]

.... yes, go abe!

11. necronile

necronile SS.org Regular

What do you guys think about Japanese tattoos?
    I know they used to associate with criminals,and they look awesome when done as a sleeve.

Attached Files:

12. UltraParanoia

UltraParanoia SS.org Regular

I've got both ears pierced, nothing massive

Tattoos:
    * LA Ink Lightning bolt on right hand done at LA Ink. It was a souvenir of sorts
    * "Learning to Live" from wrist to elbow on right forearm
    * Pineapple Grenane & Roses wrist to elbow inside forearm on the same arm
    * Batman logo shoulder to shoulder on my back
    * Zombie Batman surrounder by an army of the dead on my right calf
    * Latin writing on my right chest
    * Whole left chest, over shoulder & down to the left wrist. Sleeve of a snake (my name is Jake) fighting a samuri type guy.

Thats it for now...

13. Vhyle

Vhyle Jackson Shill

I only have two tattoos, for now. I have my daughter's name on my left pec, and my solo project's logo on my back.

I don't have a pic of her name readily available for some reason, but here's the logo right when it was finished.

[​IMG]

Both tattoos are personal to me. My daughter's name, for obvious reasons, and my solo project which is my musical baby that I've put so much work and expression into.

I won't lie - the back piece took about 6 hours, and by the end, I was in pure agony. Today, it's already faded a lot, so I need to get it filled in again.

14. Kaickul

Kaickul ΛTRΛMΞNTVM

Just a repost, found out that the picture I posted is to small couldn't modify it in my old post.

[​IMG]

15. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

Perfect response Babushka. :agreed:

16. vilk

vilk Very Regular

This is my only tattoo. I've posted it in another thread I think but I didn't realize that there was already a tattoo thread.

[​IMG]

I really want to get another one while I'm here. The artist is honestly the best tattoo artist I've ever seen... does up all the yakuza guys, so you know he won't be making any mistakes. He does a lot of whole body portraits. I want to post some, but do you think I'd get banned for showing a japanese dude's naked butt provided that it's covered in tattoo? I kind of felt like a pussy getting mine done, even though it's rather large, but only because everyone else I saw going into and out of the place were getting their entire back tattooed.

17. Kaickul

Kaickul ΛTRΛMΞNTVM

^ That's a sick tattoo, awesome. I'm planning to get my whole arm tattooed probably next year. I got freaked out when I got my back tattoo 3 years ago and since then never went back to the tattoo shop but now I think I'm ready for it.

18. Thrashmanzac

Thrashmanzac plays in 69/42

I just got Kanizsa's Triangle on my right forearm, I love it:

19. Labrie

Labrie King of the Swing

I'm a huge fan of Japanese styled art. I would love to get tattooed by Shige from Yellowblaze at some point in my life. I have both sleeves/chest pieces done Japanese style. I only have a couple of forearm shots. Nothing of them both complete unfortunately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Wings of Obsidian

Wings of Obsidian Banned

My friend just got a 2-for-1 special...so you know what ink she got?

She got a little pixelated 8-bit Ash on the inside of one thigh, and a little pixelated 8-bit Pikachua on the inside of the other. The artist was a cool guy and made it look EXACTLY like they ....ing did in Pokemon Yellow!

It is cool and amazing......but goddamn what a stupid idea for a tattoo. (Imagine explaining that one when you are older.)