Blue Lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

knox1987

El Mariachi
Reaction score
Don’t know how to bias correct/do math…just turn screw/ trim pot until they all glow blue….is this wrong?

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
There are videos on youtube for biasing. However, if you're not sure what you're doing you should absolutely take it to a tech.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
You need to bias with a meter. There are lethal voltages involved, though, so do not do this yourself unless you are properly trained!

The tubes can glow blue if overbiased, and will not glow if properly biased and certain small concentrations of contaminants are present, so never use blue glow as an indication that the amp is biased properly.

GreatGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It is biased correct, new tubes sometimes glow blue…purple is bad

So just to recap:

1. you make a thread asking for help biasing tubes
2. people tell you that the way you're doing it is not just incorrect but dangerous (which they are right about)
3. you respond by saying "nah it's fine, my way is the right way, see look here's some dumb idea that I think SHOULD be true because I want it to be true because it's easy, so I'm just going to behave as if it IS true and that's that."

Why did you even make a thread in the first place if you were just going to ignore the correct info you were told and just stick with your 3rd hand superstitious wives-tales or wherever it was that you got your info? I'm sure we'll see you back here soon, probably after your amp blows up and you make a thread blaming the forum for giving you "bad" advice. lol

Good luck with your amp. You're going to need it.

Last edited:

knox1987

El Mariachi
Reaction score
So just to recap:

1. you make a thread asking for help biasing tubes
2. people tell you that the way you're doing it is not just incorrect but dangerous (which they are right about)
3. you respond by saying "nah it's fine, my way is the right way, see look here's some dumb idea that I think SHOULD be true because I want it to be true because it's easy, so I'm just going to behave as if it IS true and that's that."

Why did you even make a thread in the first place if you were just going to ignore the correct info you were told and just stick with your 3rd hand superstitious wives-tales or wherever it was that you got your info? I'm sure we'll see you back here soon, probably after your amp blows up and you make a thread blaming the forum for giving you "bad" advice. lol

Good luck with your amp. You're going to need it.
Thank you friend

Status
Not open for further replies.