Blackmachine Info Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by FelineGuitars, Apr 7, 2013.

1. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

B6 sighting on the BM Facebook page:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JPMike

JPMike Totally Random

Can we get one of these or all are reserved??

3. FelineGuitars

FelineGuitars Banned

These four are all spoken for (at this point) - however there will be another batch coming through. I'm catching up with Doug tomorrow to do some planning.

4. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Damn, the grain on the right one is cool enough to put it into B2-range for me!

5. danger5oh

danger5oh I'm always... hungry

So if I am understanding this correctly... there is currently no waiting list, but small batches will be announced for sale when they are ready. Is that about accurate?

6. FelineGuitars

FelineGuitars Banned

That's great to hear Rich.
    I look forward to any clips.

Just a quick heads up on the B6 model
    There have never been ANY B6 models since the beginning that haven't had Feline involvement on them - originally producing the bodies and necks, and letting Doug do the rest, and more recently doing more of the assembly.

What Doug and I intend to happen to the B6 model is for the quality and consistency to go UP, so the whole pre-Feline/post Feline line of conversation is redundant.
    This is not like a pre-CBS and post-CBS Fender scenario.
    Doug and I work on this together and make decisions based on making a better guitar.

The situation was that without Doug getting some extra help there wouldn't have been any new B6s making their way into the world, which was evidenced by the scarcity of new ones over the last 18 months.

Handing over the brand to a mass produced operation wasn't something he had any interest in, even though there would have been interest in certain quarters to do so, but it was getting frustrating to see too many clones appearing.

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if Doug had taken on a trainee or a junior to assist in the builds he wanted to get done - that would just be "progress".
    As Doug didn't want to take on a trainee to help with the workload he instead turned to someone of equal stature whose work he knows and trusts, and who knows and understands the Blackmachine brand as they have been around for it's whole evolution.
    We've worked alongside each other in various ways for 25 years.
    90% + of the photos on the Blackmachine site were taken here in my workshop.
    OK - the guitars I might be well known for making myself may be more classic rock and not so metal/tech metal/shred/djent, but anyone who has played them will know that they are a cut above.

For those that don't know my work I have something of a good rep for fretwork. I was trained by some of the best techs going and constantly/continually try to raise my game and now I get to train other luthiers. I have been lucky enough to have had a few excellent proteges trained by myself including Sam who runs Wirebird Guitars and Tom who still works for me.
    Several regulars on here will have had fretwork done by me - like Chris and Nolly.

We do work for some quite big artists now and then including Queen, Judas Priest, The Darkness etc as well as a huge number of up and coming bands (often without realising it till we see them on the bill for Download or Bloodstock etc).

Anyway we have quite a few albums of pix of our work on our Facebook profile if anyone wants to see - link is below

https://www.facebook.com/feline.guitars/photos_albums

[​IMG]