Blackdroid and Blackmachine guitars advice

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by rhoads18, Jan 7, 2010.

1. rhoads18

rhoads18 Member

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a custom 7 - 8 string guitar and came across Blackmachine and Blackdroid. They look awesome, but I don't have much of an idea about how much their guitars cost, or how long their waiting lists are - suggestions from people with experience with Blackdroid or Blackmachine would be much appreciated.

metalfoundry likes this.
  2. vgta

vgta Banned

i think the best way is to ask them for a quote

3. asphyx123

asphyx123 LRRG

Hey there. I am sure both make great and beautiful guitars. I only made my personal experience with Blackdroid. I ordered it last September and received it in October, which I consider insanely fast for a custom made guitar.
    I am really happy with this guitar.
    Regarding price I would ask for a quote. You can fill in the contact form on the blackdroid page and I am sure Patrick will immediately respond to your request.

4. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

5. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 Contributor

6. LordCoven

LordCoven Well-Known Member

I've got a Blackmachine 8 and a BlackDroid T8. Both are gorgeous guitars. I'd say the BlackDroid is slightly more flexible - it goes from smooth Jazz through to crushing Metal. The Blackmachine is generally more mellow, but also gorgeous tones, however it lacks the attack needed for fast Metal stuff (IMHO).
    My BlackDroid was cheaper than my Blackmachine, but that is absolutely no reflection of the quality - both are superbly crafted instruments!
    The waiting list for a Blackmachine right now is insane. From what I hear, Doug has also pretty much stopped responding to Email contact requests. Hence, unless you actually make a trip to somewhere where Doug is, you'll find it difficult contacting him.
    You can't go wrong with either, but I'd recommend going with a BlackDroid. That's a highly subjective opinion, of course LOL
    Cheers,
    C

zeal0us likes this.
  7. D0mn8r

D0mn8r SS.org Regular