Black SLS push pull SD pickup confusion

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by glytch5, Oct 16, 2019.

1. glytch5

glytch5 Necron Overlord

This guitar is the Schecter Blackjack SLS Solo 6 hell's gate guitar in blue I have had forever it seems.
    I decided that I wanted to put in a new switch and or new pots like I have done in the passed with other guitars...
    This is my only guitar with a stupid push/pull tone coil split thingy...
    After looking at my wiring.. and SD's wiring I am totally confused (this guitar had a set of SD full shred and half shred)

SDs wiring diagram for my setup is as follows (2 humbucks, 2 volumes, 1 tone push/pull splits both pickups)
    That is the ONLY wiring diagram that resembles my guitar at all... odd thing is on SDs site it shows the red and white conductors for BOTH pickups going to the push/pull pot...
    ON my actual guitar it shows the black and green wires going to the push/pull...
    What am I missing here?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. glytch5

glytch5 Necron Overlord

Here are pictures:

20191016_211120.jpg 2H_3G_2V_1TppSPL.jpg

3. glytch5

glytch5 Necron Overlord

I found this... but still some things are off. The white and bare leads on my guitar for both pickups are grounding to the neck volume... instead of the set from each going to separate pickups.
    ALSO the cap is wired different, and the ground from the output is not hitting the tone pot the same way as my guitar has it... I hope someone who knows what they are doing chimes in here
    Capture.PNG

4. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Same difference, just white is ground, red is hot the way they wired it

5. glytch5

glytch5 Necron Overlord

WHy would that make it the same though? So the first picture is in correct, and the second one is minus the switching of the red and white?

is the SD full shred different from every other SD pickup in terms of wire colors?