Best tuner pedals for a sevenstring?

badbrad666

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to know what is the best (most accurate) tuner? I have a boss tu-3 and it's not very accurate for low tunings. Please help me out... Thanks

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had no problems with my korg pitchblack+ and I think my friend has his 7 tuned to drop G using it no problems.

Instead of spending more cash you can always use the boss and tune to the 12th fret.

asfeir

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Peterson stomp classic and the turbo tuner are 2 of the best

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Korg Pitchblack. have since sold my 7string but i tune my 6s down to G# and it'll handle it fine.

Dabo Fett

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My tu3 works fine on lower tunings, I even use it on bass although I tune the low b to the 12th fret harmonic, but even the E I just hit open

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Pitchblack has always been fine for my 7's and 8's.

Quick tip, if your tuner isn't tracking the pitch well use the natural harmonic on the 12th fret, much more accurate anyway.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I had a TU-2 and usually had to do the 12th fret harmonic when I was tuning below B or A#, but I went as far as F that way without any problems.

My other guitarist has a Pitchblack and has never mentioned any problems, and they've gotten a lot of love here so...:lol:

oracles

Australian in Canada
Reaction score
Another +1 for the pitchblack from me. I own three and haven't had any issues.

kkuehl

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a Peterson strobostomp2 that works great. I have bought (and returned) the TC Electronic's Polytune twice. For whatever reason, I can't bond with it and I am even a huge TC Electronics fan.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
+1 on the TC Electronic Polytune.

I also have the Peterson StroboplusHD tuner and it has a nice "sweetener" tuning feature for 7-strings. It's a great tuner/metronome, but it's not a pedal.

Thanatopsis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I got a Planet Waves Tru Strobe pedal tuner a few months back and am very happy with it. I don't currently have a 7, but one of my 6's is strung with 14-58 and tuned to B standard and it works perfectly. It was on sale at Guitar Center for $20 so that's why I figured I'd pick one up and when they rang it up, it came up as only $8.99 brand new. Gear-wise, definitely the best $9 I've ever spent.

Alcoholocaust

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Polytune is the only one that works bang on for me. Liked it a lot more than my pitchblack (for G standard)

Latest posts