Best Rack mount amp modeling system/effects rack

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Aftertheburial13, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Aftertheburial13

Aftertheburial13 SS.org Regular

Hey, right now I have really shitty gear. So I wanna start recording some songs. I am looking into the Line 6 hd pro rack, Im looking for a Engl powerball 2 tone with a Isp decimator sound. Like periphery, volumes, veil of maya,cloudkicker etc. And a really nice spacy clean tone like some of bulbs clean parts. My budget is 700 dollars, maybe 900. And I am new too all the recording stuff, so if you could like some stuff for a high quality recording. :noplease: :scratch::idea:

Thanks!! :shred:

2. Aftertheburial13

*List some stuff

3. Atomshipped

Atomshipped SS.org Regular

If you go the Line 6 route or find an amp with an emulated output, that'll save you a ton of trouble with recording. You'll be able to plug it directly into your computer and it will sound great, instead of having to get an SM57 and set all that up to get a half decent sound.

4. ExousRulez

ExousRulez Banned

700 bucks? Digitech gsp1101.

5. Alimination

Alimination Space Adventurer

Think Ron Jarzombek used that for the blotted recordings, if it's good enough for him...

6. Ishan

Ishan Giant Fridge Magnet Contributor

I'd go with the Pod HD myself, great tones, integrated recording interface, add a pair of monitors/good studio headphones and your set for recording.

7. L1ght

L1ght Truth Over Triumph

If you were going to get the digitech, i would skip that and consider the GMajor 2.

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

That doesn't have amp models.

9. L1ght

L1ght Truth Over Triumph

Oh.. nvmnd then. I got pwnt

10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

I second the GSP1101, too. If you're lucky, you could find both the processor and the Control 2 for under $600. :yesway:

If you were to get the HD Pro, you'd need a controller to fiddle around with presets and such, so it'll cost more. I'd recommend the HD500 over it. It may not be as fancy looking as a rack, but it'll be all-in-one, more portable, and better on your wallet. The HD pro would be a good choice if you had a little more money for the foot controller.

And since the HD Pro is a relatively brand new unit, it'll be a little tricky to find a used one for a decent price, as opposed to the HD500 or the GSP1101.

11. Aftertheburial13

ok, how does this setup sound? Ibanez rg1527m w/crunch lab 7, liquidfire 7, line 6 hd pro, voodoo lab ground control, isp decimator, and dr.dre monster head phones. Any suggestions for headphones.

12. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

I love the shit out of my Mesa TriAxis / TC.E GSharp setup. Then, all you'd need for bulbasaur tone is a few OD pedals and some gates! :lol:

Also, you can *maybe* achieve this rig within your budget, pending you can find a GSharp, as they weren't run for very long, and are discontinued. I got mine brand new for $150, and my TriAxis for $1k.

13. Rayan22

Rayan22 Coat of Arms UAE

What about just using Waves GTR or something? Its not physical gear, but I'm sure that mixed with some OD pedals and gates would work equally well. If you're really low on the money, and are desperate, I'd suggest the Boss Power Stack pedal. It's not as thick as an actual head and cab tone, but it comes ridiculously close for a simple stomp box. It works really well with a TS9 into GTR. I tried that a while ago and got some convincing tones for recording.

14. Ishan

Ishan Giant Fridge Magnet Contributor

Monster's headphones are really bad, I'd suggest a Seinheiser HD280 Pro.