Best pedals to buy on black friday?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by narad, Nov 29, 2019.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

While pedals are not super popular here, they do seem to be getting the brunt of the black friday deals (much more so than amps or guitars). I haven't bought any in a while, but I was at the Tokyo pedal summit this past weekend, got around to playing some stuff (Earthquaker Devices people were really cool, some really fun innovative stuff from GameChanger, some small boutique Tokyo builders), and I'm on a bit of a kick. Was just curious if anyone else was planning on buying any pedals or had found some killer deals this year? Especially on recent releases?

So far I'm mostly looking at the Chase Bliss dark world or mood, maybe the Walrus slo, maybe the Waza chorus. Most of these are 15-25% off.

2. wheelsdeal

wheelsdeal SS.org Regular

Not what you propably expect, but since you mentioned the Waza Chorus i just received a Joyo Analog Chorus from a Japanese vendor on Reverb...33 euro shipped,brand new.

Pretty much identical sound to the Boss CE-2,metal casing,solid feel on the pots and button...maybe if you dont want to still spend 200+ on a "black friday" Waza...

3. AltecGreen

AltecGreen SS.org Regular

There were quite a few pedals I want from the Tokyo Pedal Summit. I still want the Limetone Focus NX. Also the SPI and KarDian collab Vitamin C Vab although I just bought a KarDian Vitamin C when I was in Japan. I had a dream to build an all anime pedalboard for kicks. The stuff from Sound Project "SIVA" seem perfect for that. The pedal I want most however is that Lee Custom Amplifier 12Au7 tube based boost pedal. Those don't even make it to the sale page since all production gets sold as reservations.

4. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Fuzzrocious is having a sale, i think dr scientist may be as well?

5. narad

Oh yea, the collab pedal (if I'm thinking of the right one -- silver, wide) was really cool -- my friend and I both liked different sides of it which is a good sanity check that the overall pedal was nice. And I saw the Lee stuff but didn't realize there was an actual 12Au7 in there! Just figured the writing meant "simulating a 12Au7". How'd you find out what was there?

Standout thing for me that I didn't even play was the Tokyo Effector black swan though. That casing was just so nice that I'm praying the circuit is at least a passably useful one.

6. AltecGreen

I've been tracking the Lee Custom Amplifier pedal for a while. I first saw it on one of Kazuya Yamaguchi's YT videos. He managed to fit a tube into a mini pedal. I'm following LCA on twitter so I know he has been shipping these to stores but they are all reserved ahead of time so it's hard to get.

I did not see the Tokyo Effector pedal. I'll have to look for a picture. Of course, it's a Tokyo Effector pedal so the price will be high.

narad likes this.
  7. narad

I see, that's interesting. At the show they did have the booster but it was right-side up so I didn't realize anything notably cool about it, but next to it they had another mini pedal (like an Sp comp or something) into which he had crammed yet another tiny circuit that had some amp-ish controls. I think like a pentode/triode simulator, and some other stuff.

All seemed really cool but at the same time like hey, I'm not drilling into my tiny enclosures to accommodate more mini-toggles on the outside of them... that would probably take me a full day to pull off the install.

8. AltecGreen

The pentode/triode thing is something they have been developing. I think the guy from Limetone audio requested it. It was in a random tweet recently.

9. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

I bought a Plumes OD at guitar center for $85.

I REALLY love this pedal.

I'm hoping there are more sales nearer to Christmas. I would like to get a 10 band eq and noise gate. Oh and an expression pedal...

narad likes this.
  10. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Empress is having a scratch-and-dent sale too :yesway:

narad likes this.
  11. AltecGreen

Speaking of Kazuya Yamaguchi. He just posted a video from the Tokyo Pedal Summit

12. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

A bunch of pedal companies joined a thing on reverb and have all contributed blacked out versions of some of there pedals, the highlight for me is the blacked out mercury7 reverb OMG if i didnt just buy a guitar. Also get this!..... Blacked out versions of all the revv pedals!!! (which are on their own rever page)
    I wish i could build a completely blacked out pedalboard

13. narad

::sigh:: I reluctantly admit that I'm in that video.

AltecGreen and StevenC like this.
  14. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Source Audio needs to Black Friday the Collider.

15. Backsnack

Backsnack Many strings

I bet they will next year.

The906 likes this.
  16. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

ha, yes!