Best Desktop For Recording/BDs @ +/-1K?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Carl Kolchak, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

Need a new desktop.

Ideally, I don't want to spend more than 1K. Primary uses will be music recording/mixing and blu ray viewing. No gaming.

Don't have the time or the expertise to build anything myself.

So what're the best deal(s) out there atm?

2. WarMachine

WarMachine SS.org Regular

I know you mentioned you wouldn't be using it for gaming, but i recently built a Ryzen rig for under $400 and it is great. I'm bringing that up into it because most people associate Ryzen CPU's with primarily gaming, but they are very cheap and fast as hell. I've been honestly considering doing another build just for what you are talking about to be my daily driver. If you decide to check these out, make sure you get a "G" variant. 2200G,3200G etc. These have built in Vega graphics. If you get something else you would need to buy a dedicated GPU for it. All in all, you could get a case, PSU, a Ryzen CPU, some ram and HDD's for under 400 bucks easy. I know you mentioned you don't have the time or skills to build it yourself, but they are very easy to put together man. And much cheaper also.

3. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Used iMac? Used loaded mac mini + monitor?