Best alternative to the Misha sig

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Ethan, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

I absolutely love the juggernaut ht6 I have, just instantly was one of the best and most playable guitars I've ever had. However, now that I'm looking at a 7, I would rather not have 2 of the exact same guitar. From what I've seen through a lot of trying guitars at stores and whatnot, there really is nothing that comes close to it in terms of quality for the price. If anyone has tried, owned, or played a lot of good sevens, I would love some recommendations to check out.

2. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

Pro or USA model?

Also what features draw you to the juggernaut? Radius, scale length, neck profile, etc...

3. Restarted

Restarted SS.org Regular

Are you talking pro series or US? For pro series prices, a used Schecter KM7. Kills any sub 1k guitar I've ever tried. Not even close. For US prices, Aristides. I've never played a Mayones but I'd look into that too

4. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

The pro series is what I'm talking about. Good features are the neck finish and profile, the fact that it is a hardtail, the bridge that's closer to the base of the guitar helps the neck not feel long, etc.

5. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

Also willing to go up to $2500 cad

6. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

You could probably find a used USA model for that price. Don't be afraid to get the same guitar if you like it. It's YOUR preference. I had 4 of the 6 string Juggernauts at one point and have 3 currently (1 pro and 2 USA).

If you are looking for something else though there are plenty in that price range.

XPT707FX and Solodini like this.
  7. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

Absolutely agree, just looking for other things to check out, perhaps get some variety in my collection. No problem at all getting the same guitar as I know I would like it, just would prefer to check out all of the alternatives.

8. binz

binz SS.org Regular

I'm myself looking into either of these:

Solar a2.7 (~750) or a1.7 (~1100) with evertune and stainless steel frets.

Ibanez iron labels (RGs are 25.5 though, RGDs are 26.5) they're current catalog is quite shallow, but there have been maaany models in recent years that should still be stocked in your Favorite local or online dealer. Just go webpage - 7-strings - Ibanez

9. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

26.5 hardtail? Ibanez 2127fx should crush the HT7 pro in every way

Flappydoodle, Masoo2 and josh1 like this.
  10. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Some options:

Schecter C-7 Apocalypse 7-String Electric Guitar - Rusty Grey
    https://www.long-mcquade.com/107210...pse-7-String-Electric-Guitar---Rusty-Grey.htm

Schecter C-7 SLS Elite ''Evil Twin'' Electric Guitar - Satin Black
    https://www.long-mcquade.com/136932...C-7-SLS-Elite---Evil-Twin-----Satin-Black.htm

Schecter Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III Artist 7-String Electric Guitar - Blue Crimson
    https://www.long-mcquade.com/132737...t-7-String-Electric-Guitar---Blue-Crimson.htm

ESP Guitars LTD H-1007FM 7-String Electric Guitar - See Thru Black
    https://www.long-mcquade.com/141756...7-String-Electric-Guitar---See-Thru-Black.htm

If you can find any used ESP E-II 7's those would be great options as well. I was going to recommend something like the ESP Guitars E-II Horizon NT-7B Hipshot 7-String Baritone Electric - Black Satin (https://www.long-mcquade.com/142456...-7-String-Baritone-Electric---Black-Satin.htm). But in Canada these have gone up between $300-500 CDN in the last few months; otherwise, they would have originally been in your budget of $2500 CDN.

Another option is an Ibanez Prestige RGD2127fx if you can find them in stock anywhere in Canada.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? Are you in a big city?

Musiscience likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

Toronto, so yeah big city.
    Definitely would like to check out the 2127fx but I doubt I can find one to play. Thanks for the recs, will try to check these out where/when possible.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  12. AkiraSpectrum

As you know, most music stores don't stock many 7's, especially one's that are in the $1300-2500 price range. You could try Cosmo Music as they are more likely to have pricier gear than your average music store.

This is above your budget, but it may be something to consider:
    https://cosmomusic.ca/guitar-electric-ibanez-rgd7ucs-ish-w-case-1.html

I didn't originally mention the PRS Holcomb SVN because I figured the body might not be to your liking. However, you might dig the radius and the stock pickups. Something else to consider.

Also this:
    https://cosmomusic.ca/guitar-electric-esp-ltd-brian-welch-sh-7et-fm-stp-1.html

13. Ethan

Ethan SS.org Regular

Thanks slot man, I love cosmo, they'll let you play any guitar for any amount of time, great store. Spent several 6+ hour days there trying things out.

14. AkiraSpectrum

Exactly! I've spent hours there playing guitars in the $5K-12K CDN price range (Suhr, Tom Anderson, PRS, Fender Custom Shop, Jackson USA, EBMM, etc.)---so much fun!

The best 7-string I've played was a Suhr M7 Satin that I played at Cosmo! I moved away from the GTA over a year ago now and the thing I miss most is Cosmo Music, LOL!

Musiscience likes this.
  15. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

That Ibanez people are recommending has a radically different neck shape than the Juggernauts. It's your typical Ibanez wide and thin profile. If you're into that, it's a great choice, but just something to be aware of.

16. AkiraSpectrum

Looks like Cosmo Music has one of these in stock. A bit above your price range, but something to check out and play at least to get a feel for some different 7's. If I'm not mistaken, the store is now open to the public.

https://reverb.com/item/27934172-esp-e-ii-horizon-nt-7b-hipshot-7-string-baritone-electric-guitar

17. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

Those EIIs are really good guitars, although I think they have a narrower neck than the Juggernaut.

18. kaossurge

kaossurge SS.org Regular

The KM-7 might be something to look into. Musiciansfriend had the KM-7 MK-II on sale for $699 last week, its normally around $1500, but it looks like they might have sold out. I was able to pick one up and it's great.

19. binz

binz SS.org Regular

I have the impression the KM-7 is the new used prestige

20. AkiraSpectrum

Pretty much yeah, lol