Best 7 String guitar for the Money

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by LaPerraLoca, Jan 10, 2012.

BEST 7 STRING FOR THE MONEY

1. RGD7320

17.7%
  2. RG7321

25.7%
  3. RGA7321

5.3%
  4. SC-607

15.9%
  5. SC-207

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. RG7321 and RG470AHZ

3.5%
  7. enter Suggestion here

32.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kylendm

kylendm Electrical Mercenary

Gotta agree. I had a 7621 and it ripped. Maybe it was the hardtails. :scratch:

Still my new MH-417 is a hella of a nice guitar.

2. CrowCore777

CrowCore777 Well-Known Member

3. scherzo1928

scherzo1928 has wood for you

I got a quote once for shipping a guitar from Chicago to Mexico city, and it was around 240 USD. + what the very honest and not at all corrupt customs agents decide to charge you... If it doesnt get lost.

4. rippedflesh89

rippedflesh89 SS.org Regular

just get an RG7620 then; the trem on them are leagues above the lo-pos on the 7420

5. trickae

trickae SS.org Regular

man out of the entire list I'd go for the RGD but really it's not that amazing a guitar.

For that money you can find a used Universe or better yet an RG2027XL, see if you can find any of the XL series 7 strings just for the extended scale length. It'll make life easier because of
    1. The tightness of the low B string
    2. The ease of finding decent gauges for the B string now that it doesn't have to be as thick and heavy
    3. Downtunning will still sound tighter and clearer - no muddiness

6. LaPerraLoca

LaPerraLoca Well-Known Member

I have done it, but it was more and less 30% of the price tag. Taxes and shipping on the front of my door.

I dont know if the "Mexican" comment was a bit racist or not, ethier way, ppl always show how big is theyre brain is, when they comment.

ANY WAY.
    I may need change the tittle of this, but, im still wondering about my first SEVEN. im thinking, SC-607B vs LTD-1007FR.

I know theyre not cheap, but i dont want to buy another one, i want to know that i have bought "The one"

PS. sorry if i made a spelling mistake, but my iphone gets crazy when im trying to write on the board.

7. Ibanez09

Ibanez09 New Member

Schecter Hellraiser.

8. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

My Agile Septor elite 727 :ugh:

9. rekab

rekab SS.org Regular

Speaking of brains..
    It was not racist. If you check his location you will see that he is also from Mexico

10. jeckert7

jeckert7 SS.org Regular

Agile Interceptor PRO 727...did a lot of shopping and research before buying a new 7 string and always came back to this guitar. Extremely well built, great sound and playability.

11. LaPerraLoca

Ágiles seems to be a great deal, I don't get wich one is better or
    The difference between septor and interseptor.

But still they don't get the real emgs, they get generic actives, right?

I still think I'll get a sc-607b
    As I started this thread as "best guitar for the money"
    But it has turned like "the cheapest professional high end 7 guitar"

12. loktide

loktide dotlike Contributor

what about the LTD H1007?

otherwise, my schecter c7 hellraiser was definitely the best guitar for the buck i've had. you can get a brand new factory 2nd with VERY minor cosmetic issues like barely noticeable dust under the clearcoat on one spot for around 400-500$

13. LaPerraLoca

H1007 is damn sexy and good looking, is even better looking than the sc-607b
    But I think that the baritone scale is a plus and they say that makes even in standard tuning the guitar to sound deeper.

I've heard ppl hating the necks of the schecter... I don't care ( I think) beca use o
    Have a gibson, And a epi sg, And that neck is
    Fat!
    Some of those ppl are ibbys lovers I know, but Ive seen so many negatives about the schecter.

14. 7stringDemon

7stringDemon SS.org Regular

Used RG7620 all day.

I loved my Jay Turser as well but I sold it so that my guitarist could get a 7 string. Found an RG7321 used for $110 at a flea market! It was my backup and I hadn't had it long enough to get attached so it was all good.

And ignore the hate. If you like it, get it. And this is coming from a Schecter hater haha.

15. Jahanasaurus

Jahanasaurus SS.org Regular

go second hand and get a MIJ 7620/7621/7420/7421 Any of those are fantastic value for money. i got a 7620 for £250 and i'm currently modding the crap out of it!

16. LaPerraLoca

I ended ordering the SC-608b and meanwhile I waited patiently, I bought the Rg7321 used. Through my rig it sounded very good and the pickups give you very different tones. I bought it used. Because the SC-608b was planned to arrive until october... So I wanted to try it.

The RG7321 is a Solid good guitar, maybe not great, but very good and upgradable, stock sounds good. And feels good to but then...

Then I've got the guitar ( SC-608b ) last week and it's a beast. Sounds way better Than the RG7321 and I know it not the same category, but judging by the feel of the sc-608b. The 7 string must kick ass.

I will serious recommend it to anyone. Just lower the mid pup and you're good to go. Awesome specs, the SC's guitars are awesome. The only bad thing I the color options. Even tho its a bad ass, great looking guitar. And sounds huge!!

17. GusChiggins

GusChiggins New Member

Schecter has seven string models on almost every single model guitar they manufacture, so you have choice between your favorite fretboard, and pickups. You should look at the Blackjack SLS C-7, comes with SD Blackouts, which I believe are one of the best seven string pickups out there.

18. Fredguitar1996

Fredguitar1996 Member

Welcome Alan,

I actually own a ibanez grga32t, and I agree with what you said, the only up side on those stock ibanez pickups is that they don't create so much noise, so you don't really need a strong noise gate, but I ended up switching out those stock pickups for some Seymour Duncan distortions and they sound a million times better for all that metal I like to jam to.:hbang: And with the time given that I had those pickups, I did exactly what you said, buying the boss metal zone, a tube amp, etc, they didn't sound any better.

19. Given To Fly

Given To Fly SS.org Regular

Fun Fact: There was a period of time where the Bugatti Veyron gave you the best value for the money. Veyrons were initially $1,000,000 but after factoring in development costs, each Veyron cost Volkswagen $3,000,000!

As for 7 strings, I played a new RG7421 and for $400 (I think that's the price) it was a very decent and substantial instrument!

20. Chuck

Chuck SS.org Regular

ESP LTD MH-417 or a used MIJ Ibanez 7x21