Benchmark/Essential Death Metal albums.

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I personally prefer Winds to that album. Songs like The First Damned and Nine Steps are mind boggling to think they were wrote by a bunch of teenagers.

I was thinking the same thing. None of their albums quite compare to Winds, not even Nihility. Nine Steps is one of the best DM songs of all time IMO.

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
I've been forever trying to remember that one band that sounded like a fucked up Demilich and Gorguts baby and it was Wicked Innocence, thank you Necris

Also I'm bumping this to say that Banquet in the Darkness and Celebration of Guilt would be blues in my list and I would probably switch War of Attrition out with an earlier Fetus album (Destroy the Opposition most likely)

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I always feel bad when things like this get bumped because then I end up repeating something that someone else (or even myself) has already said lol.

On that note, this album.

Yes, I know the thread is only 3 pages long and I could probably look and find it easily, but... eh.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm almost 60 and I just got into DM and MDM about 2 years ago. I used to be only into progressive and melodic metal. I'm really into Doom as well.

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Not sure if this was posted..but definitely one I would say is essential. Came out before scream bloody gore if I'm not mistaken.

KailM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The gnarliness of this album has never been surpassed:

B.M.F.

Blasphemy Made Flesh
Contributor
Reaction score
Man no messing around here just great death metal for all, love it. Throwing out some that haven't been mentioned yet...

Last edited: