Beautiful amp heads?

viifox

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
you joke, but it didn't take much work to make mine look substantially better

wp_20190811_22_41_36_pro-jpg.71876
Those mudflap girls are suddenly much hotter!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I dig the traditional black/white Matamp heads the most, but the GT1 is on a whole different level compared to the 1224 or the Green, etc...

matamp2-1.jpg

I super dig the old school 70's PA look. I'm glad Hermansson is bringing it back

Have you seen anything from Hillbish Designs? Theses one's look like they'd fit right in on a NASA console

BetaAmp200WithHeadSleeveFront.png

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I dig the traditional black/white Matamp heads the most, but the GT1 is on a whole different level compared to the 1224 or the Green, etc...

matamp2-1.jpg

Have you seen anything from Hillbish Designs? Theses one's look like they'd fit right in on a NASA console

BetaAmp200WithHeadSleeveFront.png
Imagine like a Matamp but it's got a Space Echo on top of it AND some sort of huge external spring reverb. I bet nobody could be peer pressured into showing us what that would look like.

@narad

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like a lot of custom Mesas aesthetically. Basically everything with non-black tolex looks good.

design-gallery-banner.jpg

Benson amps also has a really cool old school aesthetic:

OI000815-01__72894.1559668029.1280.1280.jpg

20190919-DSC_0080_2048x.jpg

When I build a headshell for my Bogner, I based it on a green tolex Marshall I saw online and I think it fits the gold front panel and black knobs great. Far from perfect because this was my first headshell but I think it is visually nice.

w9eiB4q.jpg

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This reminds me of the ol "DTX"

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Granted it looked better in person. I suppose if I had to do it all over again I'd drop the plexiglass, do a better logo maybe change th......ya know what fuck it. I WOULDN'T do it over again.

What is it? It's awesome

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm also a wicker grill fan. Partly because it just looks cool, but also because when I was like 19 or 20 I was in a music store, and there was this Mark IV combo with the wood and basket weave. A guy there plugged into it, and I couldn't believe how cool it sounded. Right there I knew that was the sound I was after. (And here we are, with me never having owned a Mark IV :lol:). But before I die I will own a head or combo in that look. (Preferably a Mark IV or V.)

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I owned this one for about a minute... always thought it was a gorgeous head.

That's awesome, interesting that it was done for an MG, though. Was that custom, or did they have a version of the MG that came like that?? Always wanted a Mesa with a wood headshell like that, but the cost premium has never been worth it, cause I'll likely keep the amp a few months and sell it :lol:

DeathByButterslax

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Objectively the worst JMP or mainline Marshall design. It's got the weird proportioned headshell, gaudy bold piping, giant logo sitting in an awkward place, and awkwardly rounded front panel. The only thing it has going for it is that it isn't missing teeth like a JCM800, but still looks like a robot with an overbite.

Plexi or multichannel Marshalls only.

Lmao, 100% wrong