Be careful with Steiner Kraus Guitars.

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by KIMERA666, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck SS.org Regular

Your right, his attitude speaks volumes about his character. He's not taking any responsibility and even trying to blame the OP.

2. USMarine75

USMarine75 Plays Authentic ® Contributor

I actually totally agree with @Steiner Kraus. I once had a guy named John David Smithson buy a pedal from me on Reverb. His social security number is 012-34-5678. He frequents gay bars, but he's not really sure of his gender identity. Good guitarist though, that John David Smithson of 10 Main St in Derry, NH... and smooth transaction.

3. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

The OP's saying that he ordered something but never received it, but you're suggesting that he was responsible for the delay, "let[ting] it last as long as it did". Did he try to change specs late in the order? Were his payments not timely?

AxeHappy, Matt08642 and USMarine75 like this.
  4. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

This basically sounds like another guitar you couldn't deliver and the customer knew that.

I see a pattern here.

USMarine75 likes this.
  5. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

Hmm... sounds like somebody spent the money on something else...

6. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

What?

The text message exchanges he posted are pretty clear

Steiner Kraus kept promising a guitar but didn't deliver. The customer asked for a refund. Steiner Kraus guitars refused to refund him.

That makes you, Steiner Kraus, a scammer. How else can you possibly describe it?

If you took on too many orders, or decided this build wasn't worth your time, etc - you can say so and most reasonable customers will accept a refund and say "ok". What is NOT cool is that Steiner Kraus continually promised to "post it next week", and then months go by with no guitar.

Then, Steiner Kraus refused to refund a custom even when the guitar was months late, without any explanation.

As for your other whining, yeah, it's called "doing business". People steal from shops. People walk out of restaurants without paying. People commit insurance fraud. It's a cost of doing business and every business faces those challenges. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be in business.

Edit: since you're a fan of name-dropping, I'm helping you with having google bring up this thread when searching for your name :)

AxeHappy, USMarine75, mlp187 and 4 others like this.
  7. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

I’ll be in Edmonton all day on August 27th. I will be working but can take a moment at any time during the day or evening to meet. If you do have the product, I will arrange with OP to ship his item.

Steiner Kraus: please PM me to organise the meet time and place.

OP: please PM me to organise shipment (if SK does indeed deliver...)

AxeHappy, JimF and Matt08642 like this.
  8. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

:lol:

9. Musiscience

Well, now he can’t say that he didn’t have all possible opportunities to deliver the product.

Let’s wait and see as I am serious about picking it up.

AxeHappy, mlp187, JimF and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bastian93

Bastian93 SS.org Regular

UPS-nachhaltigkeit.jpg

Emperoff, AC.Lin, Albake21 and 16 others like this.
  11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pet kitties, spend fiddies

ah yes, another luthier to add to the sso luthier hall of shame thread.

ElysianGuitars and USMarine75 like this.
  12. Musiscience

JimF likes this.
  13. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

If this is you doing your best, then I'd hate to see what your guitars look like.
    You expect us to believe that, after months and months of delays on your part, the OP just happened to file a charge-back the instant before you were about to deliver the product? Why should anyone here believe a word you have to say? Not only has the OP provided pretty compelling evidence that you're a scammer, evidence which you've provided nothing to counter, you even discredited yourself by saying he did a chargeback, something which is clearly impossible given the Paypal's refund time frame. Even if I didn't necessarily believe the OP's claims at first glance, your a) shitty attitude about the whole affair, and b) apparent attempt to lie about the payment situation really lends credence to his recounting of events.

It reminds me of a friend of mine who owns a local shop who once had an employee (who I was also friends with until it came to light what a shitty person he was) that stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from him. This person displayed zero remorse for his actions and actually said that the store owner should "Just get over it." Right now the only thing separating you from that is that you're still purporting to maintain your innocence, but your outright refusal to refute the OP's claims along with your apparent willingness to commit libel by claiming he made a charge-back when he clearly couldn't is quite telling. It's also painfully familiar, because we've already been through this song and dance around here enough times with other luthiers who all eventually showed their true colors to know better, so you're only fooling yourself if you think your business will emerge from this unscathed unless you change your tune.

AxeHappy, cwhitey2, Masoo2 and 3 others like this.
  14. PuriPuriPrisoner

PuriPuriPrisoner SS.org Regular

I love sso drama lol

cwhitey2 likes this.
  15. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

My suspicion is that the build either hasn't been as far along as SK implied, there were flaws he was hoping to resolve but hasn't found an opportunity to (or was unable to do) or the guitar sold to someone else and he hasn't made time to make a replacement. I don't think there's any explanation outside of that.

The stuff about not sending the guitar, anticipating there might be a chargeback the minute UPS rings his doorbell is absolutely not an excuse because you're open to that liability (if it's a legitimate concern at all) literally any time you ship a guitar to somebody. I don't see that or "I just didn't get a chance to make it to the post office for several months because life" as a viable excuse for driving the customer nuts and getting pelted with rotten vegetables online.

Anyway, everyone knows I don't condone piling on, so here's me saying that as usual. Short of an actual scam going on (which I personally doubt there is), the best solution is honesty and everybody getting over themselves and the personality conflicts to get this done. I don't think the answers from SK up until now are legitimate and regardless of how this goes, the customer deserves better than that.

Matt08642 likes this.
  16. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

I feel that you need more recognition in this thread!

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

Think you're getting muddled there. His story of a customer reversing charges is ANOTHER, completely unrelated customer who he is name-dropping and bad-mouthing for no apparent reason. Steiner Kraus is just whining in general. That story had nothing to do with OP who posted on SSO.

OP's story is very, very simple. He paid Steiner Kraus for a guitar. Steiner Kraus lied about the progress of the guitar, continually promising to post it "soon" or "next week" and then not doing that. When the customer requested a refund, Steiner Kraus said "there will be no refund". OP posted the text message chats and they're pretty self-explanatory.

AxeHappy and Matt08642 like this.
  18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck SS.org Regular

The UPS meme made my whole week. Well done Sir, well done.

AxeHappy and Bastian93 like this.
  19. Matt08642

Matt08642 SS.org Regular

20. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Ah yes, re-reading the thread shows this is correct. My mistake on that one. However, name dropping another completely unrelated customer just to bad mouth them, someone that we here a) can't even be sure actually exists, and b) may have had his own issues with SK leading up to doing a charge-back, is still incredibly unprofessional. It's a deflection that seems intended to pull attention away from the scrutiny brought about by OP's chronicle of events, one that SK seems unwilling and unable to dispute. It's a whataboutism.