Be careful with Steiner Kraus Guitars. Also Mörk Verden who is Steiner Kraus? It's all confusing.

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Threads like these make a good case for ordering from trusted sellers/luthiers.

In theory yes. But it's a risk you have to be willing to take, regardless

RAN was highly trusted. But they delayed orders, then disappeared. Combination of health issues and inevitable small business issues

Even Daemoness just put out a pretty shitty guitar after the guy waited 5 years and paid $4,500 for it

If you're going the custom guitar route, you can never be 100% "safe".

But judging by what I've seen, this Mork Verden guy and Steiner Kraus guitars totally deserve their horrible reputation. His responses in this thread, including doxxing another customer, are pretty shocking.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

RAN was highly trusted. But they delayed orders, then disappeared. Combination of health issues and inevitable small business issues

Even Daemoness just put out a pretty shitty guitar after the guy waited 5 years and paid $4,500 for it

But judging by what I've seen, this Mork Verden guy and Steiner Kraus guitars totally deserve their horrible reputation. His responses in this thread, including doxxing another customer, are pretty shocking.

:agreed:

Adding to that:

I think there's an important distinction between trust and probable risk.

I trust that [insert small luthiery business] will deliver a great guitar based on the history and output of the brand, but doesn't mean that they aren't subject to risks associated with being a small business with a single or couple of key employees. But the risk is still greater vs. a larger more established shop, regardless of how much faith I have in the builder.

If I order a Suhr or Anderson, even if (Dio forbid) something unfortunate happens to John or Tom or they just decide they want to retire to live on a beach in Fiji, there is a whole established enterprise to service my order, and even more important, a network of established, hand-picked dealers to assist in making me whole.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score

Any links to the bad daemoness -case?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:agreed:

Adding to that:

I think there's an important distinction between trust and probable risk.

I trust that [insert small luthiery business] will deliver a great guitar based on the history and output of the brand, but doesn't mean that they aren't subject to risks associated with being a small business with a single or couple of key employees. But the risk is still greater vs. a larger more established shop, regardless of how much faith I have in the builder.

If I order a Suhr or Anderson, even if (Dio forbid) something unfortunate happens to John or Tom or they just decide they want to retire to live on a beach in Fiji, there is a whole established enterprise to service my order, and even more important, a network of established, hand-picked dealers to assist in making me whole.

Unless it's Kiesel, and they fuck something up and still decide to make your life miserable despite the fact they could run off another guitar for you in a couple hours.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
What was the kiesel drama again? I completely forgot.

I bought a custom (used) that was built by a small custom shop, Bowes. I think the owners posts here too. But anyways, even having a used custom guitar Brian Bowes was answering emails to me and going out of his way for me and I wasn't even a paying customer. He even offered to change his website to list me as the owner of the guitar. The guitar got damaged in shipping and he provided proof of the value of the guitar to me to give to UPS.

Why is it so hard for these other guys to communicate? Even if it's at night after they're done working for the day, how hard is it to respond to an email?

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Sure you can

Fender, Gibson, PRS, ESP, Kiesel, etc.

...you might bitch and moan about having expected a moar divine neck profile or something, but they almost surely won't run off to rehab after having snorted all your money off hookers.

Yeah-yeah, we all know you want the Tesla of guitars from some innovative boutique bourgie whatever... but if you want to take delivery as expected, maybe order the Ford instead????

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sure you can

Fender, Gibson, PRS, ESP, Kiesel, etc.

...you might bitch and moan about having expected a moar divine neck profile or something, but they almost surely won't run off to rehab after having snorted all your money off hookers.

Yeah-yeah, we all know you want the Tesla of guitars from some innovative boutique bourgie whatever... but if you want to take delivery as expected, maybe order the Ford instead????

Yes, very true. I should have specified "small builder custom guitar". And "one man army" builders are the riskiest. PRS, ESP etc are all fine if you go through custom shops.

Latest posts