Be careful with Steiner Kraus Guitars. Also Mörk Verden who is Steiner Kraus? It's all confusing.

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by KIMERA666, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Aumann

Aumann SS.org Regular

Honestly, the fact people here say there's so many problems with custom orders scares me.

I ordered a custom guitar from a smaller Luthier a while ago. Now i'm holding my heart until i have the guitar in my hands and it plays well haha.

That being said, his communication was good and while there were delays, i got pictures consistently along the way and regular contact through FB. So i'm not tooooo worried, but still :D

2. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

There are still plenty of good trustworthy small luthiers but nothing counts until you have a working guitar in your hands. I've been duped by fancy pictures before.

AxeHappy likes this.
  3. Aumann

Aumann SS.org Regular

I put my trust in the fact he made guitars for David Maxim Micic and has been a student of Michael Tobias. But as proven by other stories, that doesn't always say much.

Anyone has any experience with Wood Guerilla guitars? Anyway, mine should be arriving next week, if it's good i'll make a NGD post :D, if not, i'll make a drama post haha

4. KIMERA666

KIMERA666 SS.org Regular

Here he is at it again , taken directly from his Facebook

Since the beginning of Steiner Kraus Guitars in 2015, our main focus has always been and will always be making quality instruments from only the finest of cuts from the best tone woods available. We’ve been fortunate to supply instruments to some of the worlds most prestigious players.. and some of the most talented of hobbyists out there. We have made it through some big ups and big downs as a company.

Today we start a new chapter in Steiner Kraus Guitars.

We have made a few long overdue changes in the family here at SK Guitars. We are under NEW MANAGEMENT after a challenging past year full of miscommunications and missed deadlines. With half the management gone, everything has been solely leaning on Steev, our builder/craftsman. Needless to say, that has caused conflict within the company as well as outside of it. We sincerely apologize for all inconvenience that this transitional period has caused anyone.

We are back up to 100% with a proper customer service team, new sales team, and a properly backed and supported workshop. You can expect the same level of integrity and craftsmanship from SK guitars as always with Steev still heading operations in our workshop.

We will be announcing a new ordering system and procedure in the coming days that will streamline and clearly lay out pricing and what is available from our exclusive supply of beautiful tone woods.

With operations running at full speed with full support, all orders will be fulfilled as promised per our signed terms and agreement contracts from this day forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding through this most challenging time. Please feel free to reach out privately with any questions or concerns and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!

- The Steiner Kraus Family and Crew -”

Yet when I asked about past costumers who paid in full and never got their items , he decides to erase my comments and block me of his Facebook page.

DCM_Allan, Velokki, pecado and 10 others like this.
  5. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Hahaha, so typical of these guys. To his credit, at least he didn’t say he had health issues, too. There is no “management” or “customer service team.” This is a small operation. It’s typical for businesses like this to try to sound like a big operation, but it’s really just a few people and/or family members. It isn’t a giant operation with the CEO out of touch with the franchise locations, or call centers, or layers of management. It’s one guy fucking up orders, spending the business capital on personal things, and having poor communication. And then narcissism sets in, and he rationalizes that’s lots of businesses do this, and that skeptical customers are the ones in the wrong.

Velokki, pecado, Ribboz and 10 others like this.
  6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

uuh... okay?

7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

They made promises! Im getting in line immediately! :lol: :wallbash:

Merrekof, AxeHappy, mlp187 and 2 others like this.
  8. kisielk

kisielk SS.org Regular

LOL yeah... I work for a small/mid-size synth manufacturer and even we don't have the luxury of having a "customer service team", that's something that's just a shared duty amongst everyone who's also doing QA etc. There's no way a small custom guitar builder like that is going to have more than a couple of employees, and they'll all better be involved in production, otherwise how would you even afford to pay them?

9. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

So Steev went from telling me he doesn’t care about his brand anymore to this statement?

Somebody should link this thread in the comments.

Ribboz, AxeHappy and USMarine75 like this.
  10. KIMERA666

KIMERA666 SS.org Regular

I tried, he erased the post and blocked me; if someone else can post it , we could see if he keeps blocking people.

AxeHappy and Musiscience like this.
  11. KIMERA666

KIMERA666 SS.org Regular

It would also be a public service announcement, so none gets scammed by this guy again.

Musiscience likes this.
  12. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

"We at Steiner Kraus have changed nothing and we're the same 2 or 3 blokes we always were, but allow us to spew some pre-generated corporate-ish nonsense to trick gullible people into giving us more money. Allow us to showcase our good faith via blocking a customer who got shafted and will never see his money back!"

Legit, as per usual.

pablometal, Ribboz, AxeHappy and 6 others like this.
  13. Aumann

Aumann SS.org Regular

They insta blocked me upon mentioning anything related to problematic orders, haha, seriously this is shite.

KIMERA666 and AxeHappy like this.
  14. Fred the Shred

Insta blocked you? Now that is some FAST customer service action right there, eh? Totally safe to order now, then! :lol:

USMarine75, Ribboz, Matt08642 and 6 others like this.
  15. Aumann

Aumann SS.org Regular

I want to place an order, cause i can't now because i'm blocked! Customer lost i guess :lol:

Seriously though, i see people commenting on their page that they want to order, i don't know why anyone would risk it.

Matt08642 and KIMERA666 like this.
  16. Fred the Shred

They did you a favour then - how can one possibly fault the customer service!

USMarine75, XPT707FX and KIMERA666 like this.
  17. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

Which is clearly none at all.

AxeHappy likes this.
  18. Russellholleyjr

Russellholleyjr SS.org Regular

Steiner kraus guitars has now changed there name to Mørk Verden guitars.

The906 and Passtheapathy like this.
  19. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Capture.JPG

DCM_Allan, USMarine75, JimF and 5 others like this.
  20. Passtheapathy

Passtheapathy SS.org Regular

WOW...

AxeHappy likes this.