BC RICH Owners Club

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by twguitar, Dec 31, 2018.

1. twguitar

twguitar SS.org Regular

Figured I might as well get a BC Rich owners thread going for general chat, NGDs and help with the brands obscure history!
    Let's see what you've got!
    [​IMG]

777timesgod likes this.
  2. wedge_destroyer

wedge_destroyer SS.org Regular

Well nothing as nice as that eagle you snatched but, to get this started my stable is all NJ and is as follows:

84 Mock (just a body core currently, ready for some TLC)

85 Bich, lost the flyer for a 2300, DMZ Super D, and Gibson Iommi bucker. Same cherryburst with the light reactive pearl over spray they copied for the retros.

86-87ish Warlock flyer plate pro saddles and cam, X2N power plus and Duncan designed. Used to be black but is now pink.

87ish Ironbird flyer, brass nut, DSonic clone in the bridge random in the neck. Was metallic red, now metallic blue. I want it red again.

2000s NJ Beast Bass in black full stock, snatched it out of a pawn shop for 200 w/OHSC.

twguitar likes this.
  3. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

I went through a purge of most of my guitars when money became an issue, as such I lost all my BCRs. I regret that a bunch, but maybe some day I'll get to join the illustrious club again (I do still have my Moser to sooth the hurt). The guitars I had were a late 90's/early 00's NJ 7-string Warlock, a custom shop '04 koa Eagle Supreme (with full electronics) and an '07 archtop Beast (pictured). Beasties009.jpg

As far as wantlists, I'd like to some day get a custom Warlock with reversed curved inline and full supreme circuit (bolt on or neck-through), and another archtop Beast (chambered this time, that thing weighed more than I do!).

4. twguitar

twguitar SS.org Regular

I'll get round to uploading most of mine but here are a few favourites.
    The Bich is a Moser 10 build, solid curly maple wings, ebony stringers, 5 piece maple/koa/flame maple neck, ebony fretboard & head plate, large diamond inlays. New solid brass Quad bridge I had made by Kahler, BKP Aftermaths and full Moser Bich electronics.
    The Mock is from a BRJ master-built run that I sent to Neal to have the full controls and setup work done on. Same Kahler Quad bridge, full electronics, BKP Rebel Yell (bridge). Emerald (neck). Nice chunky neck on this one.
    [​IMG]

5. twguitar

twguitar SS.org Regular

Those early NJs are killer, I've got a Wave Bass and nothing comes close to it!

Damn that Beast is crazy! Not usually my think but looks great with that top on it, Im sure ive seen it somewhere recently actually. Post your Moser up for sure!

6. zappatton2

I no longer have the contact info for the guy I sold it to, but I'm always checking kijiji or ebay to see if it pops up again, I'd love to buy that one back.

As to the Moser, it's not the best photo but I've been without a camera for a while, at least this captures the aesthetic. If I were to re-order from scratch, I'd likely do without the gold & abalone, and likely switch the wood combo a bit, but it is still a killer guitar, and the best-sounding guitar I've ever owned. DSCN1912_zpsab8e0ae6.jpg

777timesgod, nikt, protest and 3 others like this.
  7. Athor

Athor SS.org Regular

I currently own 2 BCRs. Both are Made in Korea by WMI.

One is a Guy Marchais Assassin, got it on reverb from a russian guy. Was expencive as **** but totally worth it! Its the perfect axe for me!

The other is a ASM Pro i got this summer, got this one dirt cheap tbh. It has a small crack in the ebony fretboard but nothing thats a problem really. Gave it new strings and a cleanup when i got it and its been great ever since!

My first BCR was a WMI Gunslinger Retro, sold it a few years ago and still regret that. Was a great guitar and it made me hooked on Gunslingers!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  8. Blackwinged

Blackwinged FOAD

Some Eagles here. =)

[​IMG]

B.C.Rich Eagle Bass EB-1507 Limited Edition Vintage Sunburst VS (Japan '88)
    B.C.Rich Eagle EG-801 Black (Japan '80s)
    B.C.Rich Eagle Bass EB-1507 Limited Edition Dark Vintage Sunburst DVS (Japan '88)

9. wedge_destroyer

Ended up with individual pics so here's some NJs not the best pic of the Bich I'll try for better later 20190109_172222.png 20190109_172319.png 20190109_172151.png

10. zappatton2

Oh my Glob those things are gorgeous! I've heard nothing but good things about BCR Japan (both during but especially post-NJ). Does anyone know if they still operate a domestic BCR shop in Japan?

11. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

I'm not an owner (yet) but there's an imd looking warlock (kahler style trem) hanging up in the window of an old closed down pawn shop a few blocks from my work. I firsted noticed it over 2 years ago and it's still there. The shops been closed and dilapidated/emptied out for just as long.

Not sure how to go about offering it. Call the real estate company that's renting out the building? Smash the window?

12. twguitar

twguitar SS.org Regular

I love the Japanese market stuff, they had some really nice builds over the years. I only recently got my first Eagle and I just love the shape, its a shame they didn't try and push it harder in recent years. Its not weird enough to turn people away but is something different to a Les Paul or PRS

13. wedge_destroyer

Well that's a tough one try the old owners if they can be contacted then the real estate company.

14. Blackwinged

Blackwinged FOAD

AFAIK there is no production in Japan for now. The BCR history is always blurry, they even don't answer any technical support emails, they say. And yes, the old Japanese BCRs almost always are a steal cause the are really underestimated right now.

Here's another pic of a great Japanese BCR, this time a neon green Gunslinger GS-MR853 DGR (sold this about half a year ago):

[​IMG]

15. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

I'm gonna try and figure something out once I get paid again. Hopefully the former businessbusines are out of the picture and now it's up to the bank/real estate company, who I can guarantee don't know/care about what it's worth.

Edit: it has a super old & faded price tag on it for $375, but I'll walk by when I get off tomorrow and see if I can get good enough pics so someone on here can possibly ID it.

16. Damon67

Damon67 SS.org Regular

Here's a 7 and I'll raise a couple 8s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

8B174EFE-BFBD-4D03-9C6C-E7B209936B9B.jpeg E72C142F-A45F-4B44-8214-697F3F34CC0A.jpeg

My 2’s
    A usa gunslinger refin and a custom warlock modded by me. Pearl inlay, repainted headstock, diamond plate. It was my first guitar , a silver series back in 94 when sepultura ruled my world !!!!

Attached Files:

18. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

DAT BENGAL

zappatton2 likes this.
  19. electriceye

electriceye SS.org Regular

I’ll have to post pics when I get them together, but I have:
    ‘86 USA Green crackle ST-III (Original owner! Custom ordered.)
    ‘83 NJ Mockingbird
    ‘86 USA Gunslinger w/ lightning finish
    ‘04 USA Custom shop Mockingbird (white, DiMarzios, diamond inlays)
    Used to have a 10-string USA Koa Bich, but the neck was too fat and I didn’t play it. It was, I believe, a ‘79.

20. 777timesgod

777timesgod Officially the unofficial Forum Censor

Late Static - X + Early Sepultura = the above

manu80 likes this.