BC Rich KK Beast V NT

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Insomnia, May 26, 2015.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia Needs more strings!

Hey everyone,

I bought my BC Rich a couple of years ago from GAK. I loved it at the time but now it's just collecting dust. I find it impossible to play sitting down with it and it never, ever stays in tune, despite being 'set up' by one of their technicians. I adore the sound of it when it actually works.

Does anyone else have experience with them?

2. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I've never played this specific model, but here are a couple of suggestions based on my experience with other guitars over the years.

To play it sitting down, try putting the waist over your left leg and the "V" over your right leg.

As for the tuning stability, a floating trem requires that there be a certain amount of tension on the strings in order to counterbalance the springs in back. Since the Khaler is a floating style trem, you'll need to tune up until all strings are in tune. This may take a while the first time you do it, but it should stay in tune after that unless you break a string. If this doesn't work for you, give us more info so we can help diagnose what's going on with that guitar.

3. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

Yeah, you can comfortably play them like V's with your right leg inside the V. Not sure what's causing tuning issues, but floating terms are indeed a bit of a stress. You can't change tuning, string gauge, or both without having to adjust the spring tension. If you change tuning, the whole thing goes out of whack.

Otherwise, non-generic tuning machines can help, as could outright blocking the trem.