Bass rig help

Discussion in 'Bass Guitar Discussion' started by patata, Sep 28, 2014.

1. patata

patata 7 heaven

Hey

So after selling my guitar some dudes robbed our house and now I ahve no money for a guitar,so I'll start playing bass with a loaner I have.I have about 40EUR cash,and a line 6 POD300.

I want a fat distorted tone as well as some killer cleans.I have a Fender 1979 Pbass,I want to route a cavity for a MM Humbucker but I'm not sure if it's worth it.I also want a nice overdrive pedal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Baelzebeard

Baelzebeard Grinder of strings

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I'm sure you can make a patch that's workable in the POD until you can rebuild.

If your bass is actually a 1979 though, please leave the router off it man. That would absolutely destroy the value. If you don't really like it you could probably trade it for an entire rig of moderately priced gear.

Keep your head up at any rate. Thieves are scum, and hopefully they get what they deserve.

3. FretSpider

FretSpider Well-Known Member

First off, my condolences go out to you. I know what it's like, and know full well how tough it can be to rebuild.

I have to agree here though. If it's a 79, routing it would be a crime against basses. It would be more beneficial to trade it off, if it's possible, and as mentioned, you could very well buy some decent gear, if even if it's used for the price you can get for that bass.

Best of luck to you!

4. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

[​IMG]