[Bass] Darkglass B7K or Axe FX 2? Sutdio and live

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm ordering my Dingwall Combustion 6 really soon (tomorrow in the evening the payment will be done :D), tuned to low F#0 to match my 8 strings guitar.

I already have an Axe FX 2 XL+, which is awesome for guitars, unlimited source of inspiration, but as I don't have any bass for the moment I didn't had the opportunity to try it with one...

Now, I wonder:

1- Should I order a Darkglass B7K Ultra pedal, which should be awesome-sounding, simple but complete, and practical, as it has a DI out.
OR
2- Should I stick with the Axe FX 2, but I wonder if the bass presets can be as good as analog pedals in a live situation on a bass cab?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never had a problem using my Axe2 for bass. It has a B7K model too.

teamSKDM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you already have the axe fx why not both ? I believe on meshuggahs rig run down they use both pedals and axe fx in conjunction for bass

something to consider with the axe fx you can split the signal into two amps or two types of distortion and clean blended like you would hear in a recording studio bass mix.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Flip the ii for the iii and use the b7k in there :cool:

cip 123

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Surely someone out there has some decent Bass patches you can just download?

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Thank's a lot! I received my Dingwall yesterday and the sound is massive!!
For the moment I deal with few presets I found for the Axe 2 xl+, but yes, I need to buy batteries to try the bass in activ mode, hoping it will deliver a more accurate sound on the low F#0.

I'm hesitating again with the B7K. I think the Axe could handle some nice bass tones, so it's maybe a matter of time and tweaking, but I wonder wht the B7K could bring to the sound, as I hear two different opinions. For the moment I only have my poor headset with my Axe 2xl+. I haven't any bass cab to play it for "real"...

I wonder if some guys here would have some nice presets for a downtuned bass like mine?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Try axechange? Or the fractal forum?

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Yes that's where I found some presets but I was waiting for more numerous ones! :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Fractal facebook page?

I would schedule some time learning the minutae of dialling in the type of bass tone you want and experimenting.