Bare knuckle warpig 8 string pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Speedos, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

Well, the only reason why i am starting this thread is because i have searched ALL OVER the internet for some songs/demos/reviews (videos is what i am talking about) of the 8 string warpigs and i haven't found any, except some few poor quality sound tests 'round the web.

I am really curios how they sound in different guitars and i also feel like the warpig is one of the least demo-ed pup from the modern bkp pickup line.
    So, anyone that has any hidden vids of them that they would like to share ?

Ty dudes!

2. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

guess these 8 string warpigs really are rare :(

cmon, no one ?

3. vehy

vehy SS.org Regular

4. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

ty dude, much appreciated ! the low end sounds amazing :eek: !

5. Carl Kolchak

Carl Kolchak Last of the famous international playboys

Ceramic?

6. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

My favorite pup. I'v got one in my DC800. I'v also had the 6 and 7 string versions of the pickup. (All ceramic)
    If your wanting insane grinding metal, these do it. If you roll back the volume, they will do everything else. My go to pup. If i didnt play grinding ....ed up death metal though, i probably would go with something else.

7. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I only have the 7 string version, though I tune down close to 8 string range.

The Ceramic Warpig is probably my favorite bridge pickup overall for all the different styles I play :yesway: crazy thick, smooth highs, tons of punch, and just generally pissed off and aggressive. It's not marketed as a "tight" pickup by BKP, but it's not loose by any means. The tightness is about equal with my Titan, though it's probably even more so since I use thick strings on a standard scale which aren't helping :lol:

8. vehy

vehy SS.org Regular

Yes!

9. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

I have the 7 string string Alnico version (Guitar tuned to Drop G#) and I'd have to say its the perfect pickup for me. I have a swamp ash bolt on neck guitar. Massive, crushing distortion and clear. The Ceramics are even tighter and have more high end. Either ones a great choice.

10. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

ty y'all for the replies :) ; when my ran crusher 8 custom arrives, i might try and do a quick soundclip with the ceramic warpigs if my skills allow :).. or if not, in the near future there is one coming for sure

11. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

i said i will post some when my crusher arrived and i forgot ...so here are some short improvs... unfortunately i don't have any djent/deathcore/more aggressive genre clip yet, but when i have the patience i will record smth and post it here...might do an acacia strain or meshuggah cover soon prob

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/warpigs-instrumental[/SC]
    [SC]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/ran-crusher-8-30[/SC]

ngd thread also here if interested
    http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/291087-ngd-ran-crusher-8-custom-30-a.html

12. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

Just found someone on youtube with the 8 string warpigs , not sure yet if they are ceramic or alnico, waiting for a reply from him.
    Meanwhile, check how awesome they sound, i can confirm!

13. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

Just recorded some raw tracks for a chugging preset, i need some feedback on the tone.
    I know my playing is a bit sloppy, but in terms of tone how do they sound? I know that raw guitar tracks sound much better within the mix, but as i don't have time nor skill to blend them into one, i'm curious as to how they are and if they will fit if put into one.
    I seem to get awesome cleans with raw tracks all the time, but these distortion ones seem a bit off...or it's just me . You can hear how much bass the warpigs have :)
    -i'm only talking here about tones that i get within the pc through the mic, the real life tone is fantastic in any preset

Neutral is with bass, mids, highs at noon, pre and post gain at 11'clock
    2nd is with bass between 9-10'clock , mids at 1'clock, highs at 10'clock, pre and post gain at 11'clock

2nd sounds tighter and better to me
    [sc]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/neutral[/sc]
    [sc]https://soundcloud.com/proxxey/2-2[/sc]

14. Speedos

Speedos SS.org Regular

hmm no one ?

15. thedarknightshreds

thedarknightshreds Goregrind Elitist

I have a ceramic warpig/VHII set but I have them in a Kraken octa. Due to the pants pickup positioning on the octa, the warpig sounds dreadful distorted. Don't worry, if you have proper pickup positioning on your guitar, it should sound amazing. It's just that Octa's have neck pickups and basically middle pickups where the bridge pickup is so far away from the bridge.
    The warpig is very dynamic and surprisingly clear pickup from my experience. I am just so annoyed that the pickup positioning has basically ruined this awesome set of pickups..

Sorry for the rant!

TL;DR
    Do it! They are amazing