Baptized in Blood - anyone know what happened to them?

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
I remember listening to these guys 10 years ago and haven't heard them until one of their songs played in my car. Anyone know what happened to them? Their Wikipedia page doesn't even mention the circumstances that made them call it quits.

@budda maybe?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know exact reasons, but I think everything fell apart at once. Their vocalist posted a 10yr anniversary post about the roadrunner release. The guitar players have done various bands since, everyone else has been working near as I can tell.

This band was huge for me before they got signed, and I definitely fanboy'd a lot when I first followed them. Buying parts off their lead player was a huge deal to lil ol me :lol:.

The poster for the RR release is under the couch Im posting from.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
I dont know exact reasons, but I think everything fell apart at once. Their vocalist posted a 10yr anniversary post about the roadrunner release. The guitar players have done various bands since, everyone else has been working near as I can tell.

This band was huge for me before they got signed, and I definitely fanboy'd a lot when I first followed them. Buying parts off their lead player was a huge deal to lil ol me :lol:.

The poster for the RR release is under the couch Im posting from.

So I guess they just became one of those Roadrunner signing blitz bands that just disappeared... Kinda like Hail the Villain.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess they just became one of those Roadrunner signing blitz bands that just disappeared... Kinda like Hail the Villain.

I don't think the disappearing was intentional. They gathered up steam, played some good gigs and then I think shit hit the fan behind the scenes. I'm not close enough to any of the members to ask.

I did nearly buy Nick's 5150, but ended up passing. Had I not joined Sparrows, I'd probably still have it lol.

Nicki

Twit
Reaction score
I don't think the disappearing was intentional. They gathered up steam, played some good gigs and then I think shit hit the fan behind the scenes. I'm not close enough to any of the members to ask.

I did nearly buy Nick's 5150, but ended up passing. Had I not joined Sparrows, I'd probably still have it lol.
Such a shame because the music was killer.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

So were the gigs. All good things must come to an end. I'm sure their reunion show will be one for the books, provided it happens.

UnderoathAaron

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah the music was great, but that's what happens when
I remember listening to these guys 10 years ago and haven't heard them until one of their songs played in my car. Anyone know what happened to them? Their Wikipedia page doesn't even mention the circumstances that made them call it quits.

Sadly as RR's last ditch effort to save the company, Baptized signed a really big deal with them and Dave Mustane. It didn't work out, label was sold, and no label is willing to pay to get them out of it, thus they had to breakup.