Badass Morbid Angel Poster i just got.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Metal Ken, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

Got this badass morbid angel poster w/ Trey and a Midi equipped RG7..
    But thats not whats great about it.
    I think Toshiro will dig this one too lol
    Check it out

2. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

HAHAHA!!! My GF would love that, even if she wouldn't know who Trey was at all.. :D

I always found it great that Trey would thank anime characters in the credits of MA releases, everyone from the cast of Robotech, to Ranma and Akane. :p

3. Metal Ken

Yes, along with Simon Belmonte from Castlevania and a few people from SF.
    To quote Trey "And thanks to Both Sega and Nintendo. For who could live without both systems?"

4. rx

rx I drink water.

coooool. i didn't know morbid angel uses 7 string guitars!

5. Metal Ken

Yes. they do. Check out the songs "God Of Emptiness" & "World Of Shit(The Promised Land)" as a good example \m/

I was emphasizing the fact that i have a guy who'se in charge of a satanic/sumerian themed Death metal band standing in front of a Sailor Moon Poster ;p
    That said, from what i can gather Trey is the most eccentric yet cool sounding person ever. I Cant wait for MA to come by so i can meet them.

6. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

Nice poster. I like how he has the 7620 BK there.
    When I saw Morbid in July '94, He had a Hamer Custom V and a UV7PWH.
    Trey is one my favorite guitarists.
    He is definately suitable for Sony Playstation game themes as the ones on
    Castvania "Symphony Of The Night" which are great.
    The guy shreds and writes masterpeices.

7. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Confession - until someone else posted, I was absolutely lost, and my best guess was you liked the irony of a poster with a guy standing in front of a poster...? You know, some kind of metaposter thing.

Anyway, that is kinda funny, now that I know what everyone's talking about. :lol:

8. Vacant

Vacant Seven Strings

9. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

Trey is a fucking unbelievable player! Word of advice, if you ever get the chance to meet him, try to make the conversation short. The guy WILL talk for hours about nothing! Not that that's a bad thing, he's a really cool feller, but if you've got somewhere you need to be...

10. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing MA with David Vincent back on vox & bass. It's the classic lineup again. :hbang:

11. Metal Ken

There's a cool song that an anime reference on the most recent album i've been listening to a lot. Its an epic sounding instrumental called "Victorious March Of Reign The COnquerer". Its one of those things you wanna turn up really loud and just chill to. shame its only about 3 minutes long.

Drew-I dunno if Morbid Angel is your kinda thing, but they are one of my all time favorite Death metal bands. There are 4 supreme death metal bands that make all other death metal bands obsolete, IMO: Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy, Vital Remains & Behemoth. \m/

12. Metal Ken

Thats what i hear. THere's an interview with him i have on my computer where the interviewer asks what "azagthoth" means, and he launches into this supremely monumental explanation, and they have a bunch of edits of clocks moving fast, cutting in and out of him talking, its freakin hilarious.

13. jski7

jski7 SS.org Regular

What about Death ? I always liked 'em because they were my 'hometown' metal band . :shred:

14. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

I still find myself listening to "Effigy Of The Forgotten" a Classic Suffo album that I never get sick of.
    I've been down that road of the death metal scene . Back in '94, It's all I listened to.It's all I played.
    In Lewiston and Portland, Maine, still to this day, Has a huge death metal scene. I was a part of it for a while.
    Underground death was always my interest. Bands like Moral Decay, Desolate, Twitching Slab, Molested Sensed, etc.
    I played with Internal Bleeding when I was in a band called Organ Bank. That was the high-lite of my death metal days, but seeing Morbid live was the best!
    Death metal to me now, Is not my choice of music. But I still love Morbid angel,Obituary and of course Suffocation.
    I incorporate death into other forms of music to make it melodic.

15. LordOVchaoS

LordOVchaoS NUDE MAN! Forum MVP

Let us not forget ORIGIN!!! Origin and Necrophagist are the gods of extreme metal in my eyes! If you're not familiar go to www.origin-site.com and www.necrophagist.de for some of the most technical guitar playing you've ever ehard in your life! My band got to play with Origin last year, that's been the highlight of my death metal voyage so far. That and when their vocalist got up on stage with us to do a Slayer cover duet type thing.

16. Metal Ken

They're great, no doubt. So are Deicide & Malevolent Creation, among others.But Morbid Angel always stuck out to me \m/.
    Necrophagist is good too..but it seems too much like.. SPiral Architect w/ Death metal vox.. lol

17. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Hey Hatebreeder, have you heard the circa 93 Disincarnate record "Dreams of the Carrion Kind"? IMO that is still one of the best DM releases of all time. The 2003 re-mix/re-release is f'ing killer.

My fav DM list is too long to cut down to 4, and I don't like any one band enough over the others to say they're the "best". Everyone has had at least one mind-blowing release, from Obituary's "Cause of Death", to Suffocation's "Peirced From Within", to Nile's newest "Annihilation of the Wicked". :p Arsis and Anata are both recent bands that are getting high on my list.

I love Morbid Angel, but "Heretic" was a disappointment for the most part..... :( Too many instrumental "Hymms" and the worst guitar tone Trey has ever had.

18. Metal Ken

t-Yeah, i've heard a little. James Murphy, right?
    I like a lot of death metal bands. my fav. metal is thrash, of course, but to me, the bands that are defining of what i like in death metal are the 4 i listed.
    Heretic was the first morbid angel album i got, about a year and a half ago, bought it on a whim. A lot of the songs are great, IMO. Praise the Strenght, Cleansed In Pestilence, Enshrined by Grace, God Of Our Own Divinity,Within Thy Enemy, etc,etc. I've always liked their lyrics, especially the sumerian inspired ones(Same with the Thelemic & Sumerian themes in Behemoth).
    I dig the rythm tone on the CD, but the lead tone is a little bit 'watery'. Gateways production would have been better. I am looking VERY to what they do with David Vincent back in the band.

19. Toshiro

Toshiro .... Contributor

Yeah, it's James, and that CD has had more of an effect on the path of DM than people give it credit for. Very few bands were as techincal or diverse as that Disincarnate CD was in 1993.

Ah, I got into Morbid Angel when Blessed Are The Sick came out. :) Domination is probably my favorite though, because I saw them on that tour. :p When I heard Heretic I was wishing for Trey Marshall rig instead of that V-amp tone he had... Oh well, there's always the "I" release to look forward to.

I started out in the "old school" thing though, so my definition of what death metal sounds like sorta has different "era"s. :) I prefer most of the older bands still. Newer stuff is okay, but it seems to have a one or the other thing. You've got the 'brutal bands' on one side, and the "melodic" bands on the other.

I'm trying to strike a balance between Power/Prog, Thrash, and Death. :D Makes for a full cd rack. ;)

20. uv-7

uv-7 Member

Erik Rutan also play the rg7620. Last time I saw Morbid Angel live Rutan used a black one on the "7-string songs".

[​IMG]

Here is the new guitarist Tony Norman with one too

[​IMG]