Babicz or SuperVee for 2-point tremolo replacement?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by SnoozyWyrm, Jul 24, 2015.

1. SnoozyWyrm

SnoozyWyrm SS.org Regular

G'day gents.

I want to replace the stock 2-point trem on my heavily modded DZPL Tagliare (only thing stock after this will be the tuners and the pickguard)

Has anyone here ever compared those 2 aftermarket options? I am leaning towards the Babicz, because I've read that the SuperVee is kinda stiff which I don't like (I've played a SV once but can't remember much in terms of feel :scratch:) but don't know much else.

Halp?

2. SnoozyWyrm

Nobody? :bump:

3. juankyman

juankyman SS.org Regular

i've installed a babicz in a strat and it had a very nice feel to it. feels very solid and responsive whenever you use the whammy bar. the intonation and adjustments are made through small screws in each saddle and was not very hard to understand or to give service. anyway, it was a very good improvement in tone, sustain and and feel (specially the whammy bar). that particular guitar did not have locking tuners and even got the vintage ones. it still goes out of tune but not as drastically as when it had the original fender trem. locking tuners should be in your mind if you want the guitar to flow as smoothly as possible. the super vee sounds very interesting too.

4. SnoozyWyrm

Thank you man. I've almost given up on getting an answer. Even a partial one. The Tagliare has stock locking tuners, which work fine. Thanks again!:hbang:

5. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Stunt Guitar

Mostly Hipshot and FRs 'round here. I'm sure if you post this question on tgp you'll get a ton of answers. Mostly older guys that play old Strats and LPs there and I'm sure if any of them mod their guitars they would have probably tried those. I'm interested as well, because I'm thinking about a trem swap for my main strat. It's a MiM with a six screw them though..